Better Midwestern BoS Armor

Valkain1

Don't get me wrong the armor already on the nexus isn't bad. But not accurate. Here are some reference photos if anyone wants to attempt to make a more accurate representation of the Midwestern Armor. In the pictures you will see that people leave out the long shoulder cape and get the armor texture all wrong. If you want to add more flare to the armor the bottom one gives a more edged sharp look to things.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/6/61/Ft_power_armor.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110120184205

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/e/e5/BOS_Armor.JPG/revision/latest/scale-to-width/640?cb=20061209201747

I would redo the sprite of the Power Armor to make it more retro. Not that there is anything technically wrong with the sprite, it's a great piece of art. It's just that it is a bit out of place in the Fallout Universe.

- Tony Oakden, producer of Fallout Tactics http://freelancer.ag.ru/interview/bos6_eng.shtml

So even the producer of the game thinks the armor needs a little bit of adjusting to really fit in with the Fallout world.

I personally both love and hate Fallout Tactics. I have seen hundreds of pictures of the 'Minority Faction' or 'Fallout Tactics' armor from the original developers, and I would say with the exception of the cape on the shoulder, they are very, very accurate to what is shown in Fallout Tactics.

However, it is still just a copy off of a 2001 3d model that even the game's own producer didn't think was retro enough for Fallout. In 2001 programs like Zbrush were still being developed, there were so many more limitations that a highly detailed model then isn't the same standard as a 'next-gen' model today. To make something like that fit today's gaming world, you have to take some artistic license and make some changes to it.

Also, if you go by Fallout canon and lore, the Brotherhood couldn't have just made some new form of power armor, not even the Enclave had that technology till almost 4 decades later. It would have to be either a pre-war variation or a modification off of the T-51b. Either way, it would have to athetically look more similar to the T series of pre-war armors.

And last of all, the term 'Midwest Brotherhood of Steel' was never actually used in any Fallout game, so I personally try to avoid it. They are usually referred to as "The Minority Faction".

That being said, I am currently working in Zbrush to make a few different variations of lore friendly and next gen armors that are based off of the Fallout Tactics armor, just with more of a T-51b flair to them. I hope they turn out nice, designing armor is not exactly one of my strongest skills as a modder...

I am also doing the same for the Calculator's humanoid robots, pacification robots, and the Reaver Movement.