Cats

BlackBaron2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want cute kitties though :P

Yes, I'm sure there are probably ghoulish cats, similar to the Yao Guai, running around, but I want a cat or at least cat-bot.

Hmmm a new robotic animal companion huh? Maybe the panther from the penny arcade comic! =P

I'd love to see a Kit-10 robot, someone awhile back wanted to do the same with a raven or R.A.V.E.N or something like that.

So when you say cat do you mean like a 1 ft tall domestic, a bobcat which can be around the size of a kinda big dog, or something like a panther or lion?

A house cat :)

I just looked it up. They were apparently all eaten. On the even more depressing side of thing...

"Some cats were possibly thrown into the FEV vats by the Master in Mariposa and the Vault-Tec scientists in Vault 87, together with humans, dogs and other animals. The misshapen centaurs are the result of this mix."

So there you have it. There are cats in the vanilla game, they're just horrible misshapen monsters!

I can believe that all domestic cats were eaten... But what about a wild cats? I want to see a person who would go and try to eat a puma or coguar for bracfast :) So there must be some big wild cats out there! Maybe very big and very wild :)

I support this project!

Just because lore states cats are extinct, that doesn't mean there aren't any in a Vault somewhere, or something.

And the follower kitty MUST be named Schrodinger. It's too epic to pass up!

Actually, maybe Rex should've been named Pavlov...

Anyway, if we really need to abide by lore, we could have a Vault with an ongoing cat generation. But hey, do we really need to stick to lore for a project like this? I want my kitties!

Oh, hey. Here's an idea.

Maybe the player stumbles upon a "control" Vault that was used to preserve the DNA of all the pre-war animals. The player finds that the machinery of the Vault, though derelict, has enough juice to clone a new cat, with most of the other animals' DNA being contaminated or ruined. And... after Schrodinger is cloned, the player finds there's enough power left in the machine to give them a Perk for cat-like reflexes and grace. Maybe a +1 to Agility, +10 to Sneak, +1 to Perception, and a form of night-vision, or something...

Will Schrodinger be a calico? They're considered lucky in some places. Oh, but then Schrodinger would have to be female... Hmm... then what fur color should he have?

Maybe the player stumbles upon a "control" Vault that was used to preserve the DNA of all the pre-war animals. The player finds that the machinery of the Vault, though derelict, has enough juice to clone a new cat, with most of the other animals' DNA being contaminated or ruined. And... after Schrodinger is cloned, the player finds there's enough power left in the machine to give them a Perk for cat-like reflexes and grace. Maybe a +1 to Agility, +10 to Sneak, +1 to Perception, and a form of night-vision, or something...

Will Schrodinger be a calico? They're considered lucky in some places. Oh, but then Schrodinger would have to be female... Hmm... then what fur color should he have?

I concure with Cyberweasel. However, giving the player a choice (let it be from installed textures or in game choice) of what color and breed of cat you get would be awesome.

Good idea, Corey. I have a bit of a liking for the British shorthair. <3

Though, if we want to keep it simple, different fur textures for a single breed would be the best way to go. Possibly the American short hair. I volunteer at an animal shelter, and about 90% of the cats that enter and leave our doors are American short hairs. Then again, I live in the U.S., so it's probably different in other parts of the world. We sometimes get American medium hairs or American long hairs, though, and we've had a Siamese or Siamese mix once or twice.

Keep in mind, though, calico and torti cats are almost exclusively female, while orange cats are largely male.

Usually, male calicos, male tortis, or female orange cats have a third chromosome, which makes them sterile.

We had a male calico at the shelter once. He got adopted pretty fast. Not many people can say they have a male calico, after all. Usually rarities make a cat very adoptable. Black cats, sadly, are very unpopular...

We'll need someone to work on Schrodinger's idle animations. Dogmeat and Rex will scratch behind their ear and sit down while idle, while Yao Guai in Fallout 3 will often lay down for a few moments. It'd be cool if Schrodinger could have an idle of stretching out his leg to lick it and batting at his own tail, or something. Oooo, and what about ear or tail flicking? X3

Hmm i like the idle animations ideas,

I support the entire thread very much since from a cat you could take those "base" resources and modify them into other various non-threating "critters" to enhance the wasteland, like rabbits, foxes, skunks, etc.

Obvoiously they can't all be normal since we haver to include some mutated wildlife.

Anyways, I'll try and edit in to this post any basic animations I can find for something like this. You'd be surprised at the things just abandoned on the net that are good for modding. For example Umpas dancing mods are all from old net animations.

• 3 weeks later...

maybe we can find the kitties in cryo-stasis and it be our job to repopulate them. there could also be a kitty overhaul wheres they are taken over the world and its the good kittens against the evil kittens, you could do quests on either of the kitty sides.

ideas for overhaul:

-new items like kitty litter and kitty food.

-a new kitty companion.

-enhanced kitten-deathclaws

-a kitty launcher (for bad karma)

-lost-kitten posters around freeside

-many roaming kitties around towns (obviously)

-protect the mommy cat and her kittens defence game

-unique kitty weapons

-giant fur balls rolling around the desert

-a player home with up to 30 buyable kittens to have in

-packs of cute kitties hunting mole rats

-an underground base of operations for the good kitties.

-least but certainly not last, an official I Love Kittens Overhaul fan t-shirt

-a kitty invasion arcade game

-a pet store full of kittens and kittens only!

-replace wasteland crows with jet-pack kittens (reffering to Techno Kitten Adventure XBL Marketplace game)

-humanoid cats from outer space, in space suits

-a raider camp using poor kitties as slaves.

-dead kitties to use for ammo on the kitty launcher

Edited by mrbic