More Random Oblivion Gates with Bosses

alividlife

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made a start for a worldspace where one goes through the gate and winds up in, Azura's courtyard palace....I read the description of her realm and so we'll having a silver palace garden. before heading inside.

@Lord Frosty, are you happy making Azura's palace interior tileset or should I retexture a vanilla tileset and send it over to you?

Haha... This is going to be ... pretty ... epic.

Ok.. SO, just thinking things I know about azura? Some of the rainbow textures from Max Teals Natural Environment's, (yes I know old) but still, to borrow perhaps the rainbow from that?

EDIT, just googled rainbows and Oblivion, and it looks like you are good there lol

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Doors_of_Oblivion

:

"'Too much beauty,' Zenas gasped when he went to the next realm. 'I am half blind. I see flowers and waterfalls, majestic trees, a city of silver, but it is all a blur. The colors run like water. It's raining now, and the wind smells like perfume. This surely is Moonshadow, where Azura dwells.'"

You guys have to be messing with me now lol

:teehee:

Edited by alividlife

I just got done doing the azura palace interior tileset, going to test it in game, if the results are good I'll post a pic if they aren't then I will also be truthful.

It's not going to be exactly exact as the description, I take artistic license and there isn't a rose resource yet. Remember you're seeing the palace of silver, not the exterior except for the courtyard.

And really, do you want it all burrred when you're got a boatload of hostiles attacking?

edit: Done a little test. I'm happy enough.

I see her palace interior as being sorta Ayleid. I made many other pieces as well.

Edit2: Changed the textures, I think looks even better

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/Onxe/Oblivion2011-02-0600-15-19-43.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/Onxe/Oblivion2011-02-0600-15-42-46.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/Onxe/Oblivion2011-02-0600-16-14-93.jpg

Edited by dunmermaiden

Here are a couple of existing mods with custom Oblivion gates in them:

Oblivion Gate (Behind Cloud Ruler Temple)

Vampire Hunting - Order of the Virtuous Blood

In this second mod, the Oblivion gate is in Morrowind in the Caldera worldspace on the road between Caldera and Balmora. Kind of an odd thing to find in a vampire mod, but some of the vampire hunting was planned to take place in that worldspace where a bunch of other stuff was already built. To get to Morrowind, you go through the portal at the Cheydinhal Mage Guild.

Edited by David Brasher

I am almost finished with azura's courtyard, next is :

Soul Cairn

The Soul Cairn is a realm of tombs where the undead seemingly roam free and invulnerable to any harm. Rather than being aligned to any Daedric prince, it is controlled by a race calling itself the Ideal Masters

Here are a couple of existing mods with custom Oblivion gates in them:

Thank you for posting those David Brasher.

Humn, I wonder if you would consider working with DunmerMaiden and LordFrostcrag? :wink:

I am absolutely going to try out your modification and I will let you know how it goes for me. Thank you for adding the auto-save feature at those "crash" points you mentioned in the readme.

The vampire one looks very interesting, but I am not near the end of my game, and do not have a working save file as such (but I would love to see other's interpretations and attempts at this "more oblivion gates").

I just saw a bit of DunmerMaidens work on some of the new realms, and this looks just amazing. I think this will be a wonderful modification.

You are an artist DunmerMaiden!

:thumbsup: