Dynamic Dialogue

Tony the Wookie

I am making several characters for Fallout 4 that can be either companions or dynamic characters at one of your settlements. So I am writing a good chunk of the dialogue now, so it will be ready when Fallout 4 is released and able to mod.

I am doing a lot of dynamic dialogue that advances over time and changes based on how you interact with that character.

If anyone is interested in story and dialogue, I could use a few people to critique my work.

Wouldn't it be better to play the game and then make it?

Get a feel for the world and such?

Putting a story that fits new vegas into fallout 3 would be horrible, and this is an even bigger change.

Right now the story is all just about the characters. The backstory is a combination of Fallout Tactics lore and my story of how the Brotherhood in the Midwest fell apart after Fallout tactics, according to clues taken from what very little sources are available.

75% of the dialogue I have written is about each personal character and their private life, so it could fit into any possible context.

15% has to do with events that happened 80 years earlier in Colorado, or 10 years earlier in a Vault located in rural Kansas. I don't think I have to worry too much about Bethesda's story overlapping mine in that part of the world.

Then the last 10% I will have to re-write once Fallout 4 comes out.

I want to get all the stuff outside the game done and ready, so once the game is released I can really focus on the stuff relating it to Fallout 4.