Animation Replacements

GreatLucifer

Hey people

First of all, I know there are quite some topics on this, but please bare with me...

I am looking to replace my hand-to-hand combat animations, and perhaps lateron more.

But thing is, I'm looking for realistic combat moves, moves we could all perform...

Most animation replacers I see, tend to have sideward kicks, or other forms of... unrealistic fighting.

What I'd really like, is to have something like a (in lack of better reference) spartan-kick, a straight-forward simple powerkick. Same goes for all animations I suppose, especially the hand-to-hand idle stance, as it's a bit ludicrous.

Main theme I'm looking for here is realistic variety.

As far as I understand (and I never worked with this before), I can only have one animation per move, so will have to replace.

Why am I asking all this of you, community?

Well, it's quite hard to judge moves based on pictures, and it's not like there's only one out there. And seeing as I will most likely have to make a combination of files to replace, I thought all of you who actually use them and know how they look could tell me.

I hope for the best :D

Thank you,

Lucifer

hello my friend...

i don't know i can say this but... do like i've done... just create a mix of everything you like... i've got some animations of various mods and i've just mixed them... for example as i don't like the forward power attack for 2-hand of DMC stylish i've put the forward power attack for 1-hand of the same mod to the 2-hand... if you don't understand this kind of thing just go to (...)\oblivion\data\meshes\characters\_male\ and then study those files... as you can see the file's name is what it do...

you can use DMC stylish, Unnecessary Violence Animations replacer and others...

Know you may be thinking:" but i've asked about hand-to-hand"... yes i know... maybe you can try the Unnecessary Violence Animations replacer... there's some moves you may looking for... if not... thy seph hand to hand animation replacer... there are some videos on the files...

Finally, i hope i've helped... anything you need just PM me... Kdaj remember that name... :tongue:

Well, I use this animation replacement for hand to hand combat, however it seems it's the exact opposite of what you are searching for. Unfortunately, I'm afraid there's nothing of the sort - that I know of. Most combat animations replacers aim to achieve a more stylish, action movie-like kind of animation, rather than realism (and yes, while I do not consider martial arts "unrealistic" - of course - such animations with the usually bulky armors we have in Oblivion are just plain cheesy), and as such go in the opposite direction.

Honestly, I would be quite interested in something pretty much like what you mentioned, especially if in conjunction with weapon animations: this is definitely a bit off topic, but as a medieval fencing performer myself, I always found very silly how I can't in this game mix my sword slashes with a good 'ol kick in the groin :tongue:

@Kadath:

for that u can use the deadly reflex mod... :biggrin:

you'll have a new button to use... using just the weapon you'll kick the oponent on the face to pull him/her out... with a shield you'll punch him with the shield to have the same result...

believe me... try it! :thumbsup:

Deadly reflex has that feature too? Damn, I guess I've really got to try it then. I avoided it 'till now as it has some incompatibility issues with a couple of mods I'm using, and as it does A LOT of things and it felt a bit too complex gameplay wise, but this might actually be the coup de grace to my reticenses :happy:

:biggrin:

i thought the same as you kadath...

at first i thought "damn! this is too big to me!" and i haven't downloaded... some time later the curiosity struck me and i had to pick it up... you won't regret it... :biggrin:

Thank you, the both of you :)

Kdaj remember that name... :tongue:

I will ;)

but as a medieval fencing performer myself, I always found very silly how I can't in this game mix my sword slashes with a good 'ol kick in the groin

Indeed, as a boxer myself, I find the oblivion battlemoves quite... well, still unrealistic :D Not that we couldn't perform those moves, but that we won't... Like the standard left or right power attack, with the little twirl :blink:... Let's face it, no actual fighter would do that. An uppercut and a (!) corner-punch (Literal translation; not sure what to call it) would be far more appropriate here, for instance.

for that u can use the deadly reflex mod... :biggrin:

you'll have a new button to use... using just the weapon you'll kick the oponent on the face to pull him/her out... with a shield you'll punch him with the shield to have the same result...

Alas, no obse for me, so all of that is out of the question...

Though you may indeed be right that what I'm looking for simply isn't around, I hope to get a decent combination going.

What I would love to hear (hope I'm not asking too much here :P), is like "That anim from that mod has a realistic kick" "That anim from that mod has some realistic punches", or something of the sort.

I looked at Seph's replacer, but what showed on the video and pics seemed quite fancy. Same goes for just about all I see here on the nexus, but that may also just be because that's what most people look for, and therefore the uploader chooses to show just those.

Like the idle stance and block too for instance(goes for all); which would you (and I mean all helpfull readers here :) ) say is the most realistic?

Thank you,

Lucifer

Edited by GreatLucifer

i believe the the most realistic replacer is the seph replacer... because spinning kicks everyone can do... or at least almost everyone lol... you can even download deadly reflex too... i believe there's an optional file that it comes to do a manual installation... what i mean is... try every move by yourself just doing the replacements and then you choose... for manual installation i don't think you need OBSE to use the moves... it's only for those cut-scenes of cutting necks, blood spilling, and other things...

damn... i'm impressed... all this time struggling to make a move with mods... now i'm helping others... :sweat:

anyway... i think it's worth to try it...

just a curiosity... why don't you use OBSE? as the name says it will add some new scripts letting you use other type of things... like new quests for example... or something simple... the blood spilling like i said before...

my opinion is... worth a try