ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Morrowind Barter system broke for me.

Potlandblazer

It seems the barter menus won't correctly work. When i go to buy or sell an item and there happens to be more than one of the item it selects all of the item rather than allowing me to choose a number (ex. if i click on 100 chitlin arrows it forces me to buy them all or none). I don't know if this has happened to anyone else because I can't find a solution on the web but I only have MGSO, Tamriel Rebuilt, morrwind rebirth and the official plugins so I can't see it being caused by my mods. Any help would be appreciated and that is the only probelm i have come across while playing so far.

P.S. I fixed the problem rather quickly. I simply had to verify my game integrity in steam then I managed the files and selected the required plugins it was rather simple.

Edited by Potlandblazer

Sounds like Morrowind code patch, it has a function like that made for easier looting of gold and arrows but it affects all items. If you want to take a certain number of an object while bartering or from any container hold shift WHILE clicking and the number slider will appear.

Edit: I think steam may have completely negated the code patch hence the reason it looks fixed and some files in MGSO where modified from their original mods for compatibility so some of those edits may have be lost as well.

Edited by ZZZ02

P.S. I fixed the problem rather quickly. I simply had to verify my game integrity in steam then I managed the files and selected the required plugins it was rather simple.

As zzz02 said, don't do this after you install mods. This changes many things that were changed by mods. Now you have to re-apply MCP and 4GB patch since the EXE was reset to original state and the BSA gets its date reset to later date. So your replacers don't work.

As for the selecting items, its a feature of MCP. When you hold shift while clicking the item, it lets you choose the number of items. Also, if you hold ctrl, it automatically selects only one item. In the future, just change the MCP settings, no need to use steam integrity check.