Unlimited Buyer Merchant

Cyberweasel89

Hello. I have a small mod request for Fallout: New Vegas.

I'd like a Protectron added to Goodsprings, just to the right of the Goodsprings gas station's Sunset Sarsaparilla vending machine.

The Protectron has no dialogue. Instead, talking to it will open up a barter menu like a merchant. But the Protectron sells no items. Instead, it will buy your items and pay you with an unlimited supply of caps.

The items you sell it will remain in its inventory until the time comes for all the merchants in the game to reset their inventories, in which case the items you sold to the Protectron will be lost forever.

Naturally, this mod would make it so you don't have to schlep all across the wasteland to sell your loot.

While the Protectron won't have any dialogue, I'd like it to have a name. I'm open for suggestions. Perhaps a reference to some famous fictional merchant. Like "RE-4" or "O'aka".

If anyone would be willing to make this mod, I'm sure it'd be a great alternative to just giving all the merchants a ton of caps. I imagine it'd be pretty simple to make.

In fact, I think a similar mod used to be in the Fallout 3 section... but I'm fairly certain it was removed at some point.

• 3 weeks later...