Afraid to install SI...

rez194

I have hundreds of mods installed, and I probably don't have to explain what a long and treacherous chore it has been making them cohesive. Now I'm looking for larger, more meaningful mods like Elsweyr Anequina. I'm finding that the ones worth downloading require Shivering Isles to be installed and patched. I'm afraid of what may happen to my game. Will all or any of my other mods cease to work or even cause the game to crash? I'm not prepared to deal with that headache again, so if I'm holding a loaded gun here, please let me know before something bad happens.

I have shivering isles installed and before my pc crashed (not from Shivering Isles...) I ran about 100-150 mods. Nothing bad will happen unless you have a mod that places something right on top of the shivering isle gate.

That's good to hear. It completely makes sense, but I still had to hear it from someone else lol Thank you.

I have SI installed without problem.

If your mods run fine without SI, they surely work also with SI

Even the oldest mod, created for Oblivion 1.0, will work with Oblivion 1.2 (either vanilla or SI)

As Freedom613 said, only make sure the SI door isn't obstructed by something (But I never heard about a similar problem) or you can't approach to the world of SI, but anyway it won't cause any CTD.

Also, nobody reported any kind of conflict with SI since I join TesNexus and Bethesda forums.

So my opinion is: "You can safely install SI"

Edited by forli

The only issue you may have is never getting the message that starts the quest (usually happens in 1 day of game time after installing SI). It's not really too bad of an issue. You'll get the message and be able to start the SI quests just by approaching the island that the doorway is on. It's near Bravil, out in the lake.