More Dynamic Leveled Lists Mod

Noggog

Yes, and it actually can replace it.

All Adrenaline Oblivion does is go (BY HAND) through all the Leveled Lists of vanilla Oblivion and bump the count numbers up.

DLL can do the same thing (given the right settings), and it will do it automatically, with ANY mod setup, not just vanilla Oblivion.

That's the beauty of it, and why I created it.

If you want to get Adrenaline Oblivion settings with DLL, I'd suggest settings similar to these:

DLLSpawnIncreaseMax = 6

DLLSpawnIncreaseBasePercent = 90

This will make the maximum amount of creatures able to spawn from a -single- spawnpoint 6... and it will make more than one creature spawn 90% of the time.

Edited by Leviathan1753

the .exe file isn't working for me (it crashes under XP 32 bit, have not tried it under Win 7 64 bit yet since I'm not home).

Do you have to put anything manually into my docs/my games/Oblivion to fix this?

I'm currently not using Adrenaline Oblivion (since you said your mod would replace it, I made the .ini changes you suggested), I am using martigen Monster Mod V355B5 with the increased spawn rate esp. That is the only thing that should be modifying the leveling lists.

As a suggestion why not have the executable generate whatever files it needs to in the data folder then get the user to copy these to documents? Less complexity (though more PEBKAC issues)

the .exe file isn't working for me (it crashes under XP 32 bit, have not tried it under Win 7 64 bit yet since I'm not home).

First off, do you have v1.07 of the exe?

I've had one other person report the .exe crashing, and I'm working with her to figure it out and hopefully fix whatever the problem is.

Perhaps you could help me too, if you wanted. It would help to know if the .exe crashes when you ONLY have Oblivion.esm in your active mods list?

I would be very interested to know. If the .exe runs fine when you have no mods running, then I know the .exe is just having issues processing a specific mod you have. If it crashes without any mods, then I know it's a bigger problem between the OS and the .exe.

Do you have to put anything manually into my docs/my games/Oblivion to fix this?

Yes, it's in the optional files on the DLL nexus page.

I'm currently not using Adrenaline Oblivion (since you said your mod would replace it, I made the .ini changes you suggested), I am using martigen Monster Mod V355B5 with the increased spawn rate esp. That is the only thing that should be modifying the leveling lists.

It shouldn't matter what spawn-changing mods are in your list. DLL will override them.

As a suggestion why not have the executable generate whatever files it needs to in the data folder then get the user to copy these to documents? Less complexity (though more PEBKAC issues)

The .exe program (at least v1.07) DOES do this. But only if the .exe doesn't crash.. XD

If the .exe can't find the documents folder.. it automatically exports the DynamicLL.ini file into the Data folder and then tells the user to move it to the correct location.

Edited by Leviathan1753

Yes, V1.07. I'll try testing with no mods and just oblivion.esm a little later when I have more free time to devote to it, but I can give you an image of the crash at least and a listing of my mods/order (and when you go into oblivion and start a new game you get an (expected) error messaage "DLL error: The formID list is missing. Run the DLL exe program to generate this file or DLL won't work".

# This file is used to tell Oblivion which data files to load.

# Use the oblivion launcher or obmm to choose which files you want.

# Please do not modify this file by hand.

# last modified by obmm: 10/04/2011 1:55 PM

Oblivion.esm

Cobl Main.esm

Qarls_Harvest.esm

CM Partners.esm

Mart's Monster Mod.esm

cmKyle_shamikka.esp

Cobl Glue.esp

NudeSpell.esp

AdrenalineOblivion-SupportElements.esp

AdrenalineOblivion-SpawnElement.esp

Cobl Si.esp

Cobl Tweaks.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

Cobl Races.esp

Cobl Races TNR.esp

Cobl Races TNR SI.esp

NoRandomOBGatesEVER.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

Crowded Cities 15.esp

NPCs Alive - Bandits.esp

NPCs Alive - Beggers.esp

NPCs Alive - Goblins.esp

NPCs Alive - Orges.esp

NPCs Alive - Faregyll Inn.esp

NPCs Alive - Imperial Legion Foresters.esp

NPCs Alive - Imps.esp

Knights.esp

RustyItems.esp

Slof's Oblivion Goth Shop.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

Qarls_Harvest.esp

Cobl - NPCDiversity - TNR Merge.esp

CM Partners.esp

CM Partners More NPCs.esp

CM Partners Special NPCs.esp

Armory of the Silver Dragon.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp

RoadSigns.esp

Slof's Male Clothing.esp

RTFemaleReplacerV12.esp

CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp

Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

AliveWaters.esp

AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp

AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp

Populated Prisons.esp

DN13_Male_Partners.esp

Benjamin the Donkey - pimped up version.esp

EM_Packdonkeys.esp

DynamicLeveledLists.esp

Cobl Races - Balanced.esp

Cobl Silent Equip Misc.esp

Valtierro_B1.esp

Mart's Monster Mod.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Creature Skins.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Foxes.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - No Giants.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Vindasel.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - No Blood.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Spawn Rates - Increased.esp

Gregs Mod.esp

Edited by oblivionpilgrim

Awesome, thanks a bunch! That vanilla test letting me know if it's the OS or a mod would help oodles towards fixing the issue.

As for now, the optional DynamicLL.ini file found on my nexus page should work great for you.

It only has the FormIDs for Oblivion.esm, but from the looks of it, you don't have any mods that ADD leveled lists.. so it shouldn't matter.

Mods like MMM just modify LLists, they dont add too many (if any) of their own... in other terms: it'll work just fine without running the .exe.

Nonetheless, i would love to squash this crashing bug. 8) If only I could recreate it on my own computer.. it would be squashed by now.. XD

I'll give a vanilla run a go in a bit, a suggestion might be to bring up a dialog in your executable asking the user where their oblivion documents folder is (so you can read the path to it out of the dialog)?

As of v1.07, I think I have solved the Documents folder location problem. If I get more reports that it can't be autolocated, then I'll implement that.

I just went into OBMM, unticked all active .esm and .esp files except for oblivion.esm, launched oblivion, exited, went to the data folder and ran your exe. It crashed the same way as before, with no diagnostic error in its window.

Regarding martigens monster mod, I'm sure it heavily mucks about with the lists, it add a lot of new creatures and creature variations, plus new spawn points for creatures.

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14442

# Major Overhaul to all Leveledlist for Creatures has needed in order to make all spawn rate plugin's work better across MMM, MMMforFrans, MMMforOOO, and FCOM itself...This was quite a job to check all the leveledlist me and dev_akm sent each other several revision until we go it just right..we hope..spawn rate plugin's should work in fcom fairly well at this point..

# All spawn rates plugin have been checked, double checked, and tripled checked..Any remaining issue with spawn rate plugin's will be addressed in the MMM 3.5.6 Final..

# Updated Additional Enemy Variants - Fixed two Khajitts Smugglers to be a different race to fix the problem of them going into highwayman mode sometimes..

# Updates to H&C itself for both vanilla and exnems (body mod) version, fixed any remaining issue that could have been causing crashing etc, missing armor, etc. Exnems Users and Female Body mod users download the MMMArmor4Exnems with H&C ..Same H&C plugin comes with this version also..

My bad.. I went into Tes4Edit and looked and MMM does add its own slew of Leveled Lists. So those won't be altered by DLL without getting the .exe running.

What I MEANT to say/communicate is that MMM's changes to Oblivion's Leveled Lists WILL be taken into account by DLL. DLL just needs a pointer to WHICH leveled list to monitor, it doesn't care what state it's in or how many mods have changed it. DLL has a pointer to Oblivion's LLists, so it will calibrate them, and it will do so with MMM's changes included.

-------------------

And for the .exe crashing... 8(

That's no good news. If it was a mod, I could've pinpointed which one it was and figured out the issue.

I don't know why DLL would be crashing on your OS. Perhaps I'm using a windows command that was introduced after XP. That's the only thing I can think of.

I might be able to fix it, but since I don't have an XP machine of my own that it's crashing on to test with.. it would require commuication/testing with you. Let me know if you want to do any more. If you do, I would probably create a pack of several .exes that have different parts of the code, and have you run each and see which crash.

It's up to you. 8)

Edited by Leviathan1753