Hairstyles

Armitage001

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before, tryed the search fuction and couldn't find much info on what i need to do, i'm new to modding and the Construction Set.

I am wanting to add hairstyles from Coolsims hairstyle found in some of the newer race mods, like Tolkien Elves, so i can use the hairstyles on my chars regradless of its race, any guides on how to do this, tryed oblivion wiki and messing around on the CS, but can't get anything to work, any help would be appreciated.

Check some of the wig mods. It may be easier to make your hairstyle into a wig, definitely easier to change in the game.

The only one I can think of right off hand is Slappys Wiggs, But there are several more.

it's actually quite a simple process, though you may need to take a few extra steps

basically, what you need to do is load the hair plugin and the race plugin (or plugins, but for minimizing problems, i would recommend doing this one at a time)

then you will need to add the hair to the race you want

the hairs can be found on Character -> Hair (at the top)

on the top menu, click Character -> Race

in this window, click on the race you want, and go to the Body Data tab

in the Hair Styles window, just drag and drop your new hair (you will need to have the hair menu open as well)

then, the race you chose now can use the new hair you have used

save into a new plugin, and you are basically done

there is one other step that you must make, but i am not sure if you need to do this before working on the CS or after (probably before)

check this tutorial for emifying plugins, as you will need to make the hair and race plugins masters for your new plugin

i should point out that hairs might not look the same on some races (if they use different head meshes or something), but this should work and look good, if you successfully do this (which is really quite easy)

hope this helps :)

Thank you WastelandAssassin, your info is helpfull, only problem i have is it not saving the hairstyles to the race i selected, might be a problem from my end tho, will keep trying even tho it's frustrating it isn't working, but i appreciate the help :)

it's not saving the hairs on the race??

if so, then it's probably because of a master problem

you need to make sure that your plugin (or the race's plugin, in case you saved the changes onto the race's plugin) has the hair plugin as a master

this is why i gave you the tutorial about esmifying, because an esp can't be a master file, and hence will be removed every time you open your plugin in the CS

so check again that all the plugins who are supposed to be master files are indeed master files to your plugin, and that should solve your problem

• 3 weeks later...
I've been looking into this for certain (not so legal hairstyles) that I want to add to DK Imperials. The main issue seems to be that you can only add one texture/mesh...which seems incredibly slow and clunky. Not to mention that there are more then one texture to add for each mesh. I guess there's no way to do a mass install of a bunch of different hairstyles?