left handed animations

AsaRuth

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to try making left-handed animations for weapons/combat, or does anyone know if they already exist? I lack the skills to do such a thing. But, I figure the first person might involve simply reversing the existing animation, but third person would require entirely new.

cheers!

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to try making left-handed animations for weapons/combat, or does anyone know if they already exist? I lack the skills to do such a thing. But, I figure the first person might involve simply reversing the existing animation, but third person would require entirely new.

cheers!

Emmm... why should anyone be doing that? Change hundreds of files just to see left hand instead of right hand? With some Python programming it could indeed be automated for most of the animations within Blender, 1st and 3rd person alike. But just to import/export/modify/tweak/... all these files is just outrageous considering the benefit.

Lord FrostCraig, I've been meaning to get a mouse, right now I use my laptops touch pad and a rather odd-straight across the keyboard configuration

Genzel, I was wondering this as well. It would be a pain me thinks, but if 3rd person animations were made, it would really look odd to not move the weapons/shields. So maybe a good start would be first person with 3rd person being a larger undertaking.

I even forgot weapon when I wrote about animation effort.

Weapon position is defined by a skeleton "bone" called weapon, which is in the right hand. (Left hand has the torch instead).

So the skeleton has to be changed as well. Maybe it's the easiest to make a skeleton which exchanges both arms, and also mirrors side weapon. Then all weapons automatically would be in the "correct" (left) hand. And all anims would automatically move the left arm as well.

BUT there would still be a lot of change to be made to the animations. At least all rotations set for the center bones (like spine, neck, ...) need to be mirrored, probably the arm rotations as well (my imagination doesn't reach that far :wink: )