Animations

pickinthebanjo

I made a series of mods containing several weapons that need a new animation made up. For example I need to make a bullpup animation for the FN F-2000, Groza, and SVU as well as an RPG-7 animation. I copied the .kf files for each reload animation into a folder then tried to import them into Maya, 3DS, and Nifskope. The first to did not support the .kf files but nifskope seemed to but I received an error stating a missing root note. I have not tried to import into blender yet though I do not believe it would support the import either. I do know that it is possible though since I have seen several mods contain custom animation files. I am new to animating and would like to hear some thoughts on animating fallout weapons with custom animations.

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
You can but its unpractical and extremely time consuming...nif scripts are the import and export scripts for Nif and KF files for blender i dont know what the maya or max equivalents are. But you will need nifskope for final adjustments to get animations in game.

You don't have to replace animations, the bullpup resource(which is released on Nexus) just uses the Reload R and S spaces, which are empty.

The reload slots go up to Z for each weapon type, but about half of them are empty and unused. Just take up those slots.

Ahh so there wer empty ones in there...I figured they were all used for the weapons added on from the DLC's and New Vegas, So i never bothered checking (I never played the DLC's i just assumed they added that many extra weapons when i was doing my exploring of the NV esm), Seeing as how NV Gamebryo is just an extension of the old engine, and NV itself is what looks like a build up from an old esm. Which NV esm prolly is, but since not all those assets were included in NV's bsa's and not all the old weapon entries exist in the NV esm they are open I'm guessing...Or possibly...maybe...Bethesda opened them for us modders?!?! (Doubt it :wallbash: ), My mistake :sweat: :teehee: Carry on... :thumbsup: Edited by ecksile