Well, this certainly sucks.

ramare

I'm completely stumped. I installed a bunch of mods, a bunch of mods that was working, before I had to re-install FO3 since it decided it didn't want to work anymore, and now the menu won't show up. The game starts fine, and everything. Made by Bethesda, this is Fallout 3, all of that good stuff. Problem is, keyboard does nothing, mouse cursor never shows up, and menu never appears. It just rolls the start-up credit-type slideshow, and the menu music, right up 'till when the main menu would be, for as long as I let it.

In case I need to clarify further/Short version: It starts the game regularly, but the main menu is never accessible. Any way to potentially fix this, without me having to re-install and do it ALL. OVER. YET. AGAIN.

This is just a guess, mind you, but it could work...

Try deleting the FALLOUT and FalloutPrefs config. files from your "My Games" folder in your Documents folder, then start the game. It should force the game upon launching to create new versions of these documents from the default .ini file in the game installation directory. If I'm right, it will create fresh versions of these files as if you've just installed the game. If it's worked it will give you that message that it's going to automatically check your hardware and configure your graphics settings. It's at least worth a try.

DAMN IT! That sounded like it would work. Hell, it should have worked! But, alas, it didn't. That means something about the mods is raising a shitstorm. Perhaps load order...?

Ah well, thanks for trying to help. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort of patch, or executable script, or something of that nature to fix it-- that it wasn't just a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have, say, Fallout Wanderers Edition and have any of the DLC things checked as well as the main file but don't have that DLC, un-check it, it did that for my apocolypse armory because i didn't have calibr, so i unchecked the calibr thing and it started working again.

If this helps, your welcome in advance, if not, sorry, i tryed my best. Yours truly: iwillfroget