From Bad To Good

Hey people...I am "kinda" new to all the computer parts and stuff...And i have a big problem. You see my computer is from 2007 when oblivion was released in 2006 so this computer is a little older isn't it?

So i am gonna now tell you what processor,graphic card and RAM i have....

And you simply tell me what graphics,processor and RAM would be nice to buy so my oblivion would work on |Very High| Quality..

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Series (Integral Cuz my old one burned out -.-)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+

RAM: 1GB

So please help me i cant play oblivion any more on that crappy graphics...

Thanks!!!

Yeah, I've done a lot of research recently on building a computer... Check out my thread in this forum here: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/297073-what-do-you-think-of-my-planned-build/

This is my build which is designed to play Skyrim, Crysis 2, and Battlefield 3 on the highest setting. You should check that for an idea.

So then i should sell this one and buy a new one?...Ofc adding more money about 300 Euros...I can sell this comp. for 100 Euros... Edited by RavveN

Hey people...I am "kinda" new to all the computer parts and stuff...And i have a big problem. You see my computer is from 2007 when oblivion was released in 2006 so this computer is a little older isn't it?

So i am gonna now tell you what processor,graphic card and RAM i have....

And you simply tell me what graphics,processor and RAM would be nice to buy so my oblivion would work on |Very High| Quality..

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Series (Integral Cuz my old one burned out -.-)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+

RAM: 1GB

So please help me i cant play oblivion any more on that crappy graphics...

Thanks!!!

It's doable for oblivion. Just needs 2 gb ram and a 4670, 5550, or one of the new 6450's once they box them for retail. OEM only part right now. You can run it pretty decently on a 5450 if you just turn off grass and cut distant draw down. Grass easily doubles your gpu needs as well as making picking alchemy ingrediants a total drag. Ram might be DDR instead of DDR2 which would make it pretty expensive and oblivion won't use much memory.

If your old card was like an nvidia 8 series it probably bump cracked and you could fix it by baking it in oven. Just search web for the process and be careful. I mechanically bump cracked an old Geforce 2 by yanking the glued on heatsink off it. It baked alright but since it was so old it worked a bit differently because they used slightly different solder compounds back then and had tons more rosin flux in them. So my normal procedure really melted it up and a few capacitors slid out of place just slightly.

So if you do decide to bake it just keep an eye on it.

You can get a very capable computer for 500-600 Euro already, if you build it yourself. Just be on the lookout and research abit.

Motherboard: 60-70 (gigabyte)

Processor: 100 (amd)

CPU Cooler: really silent? 30-40

Ram: depends (take a look on the motherboard page and get the cheapest compatible in your shop)

Graphic: 100-120 (make sure it is silent)

DVD: 20

HDD: depends (make sure motherboard has ide and you can use your old one)

Case with 500W power supply: 100 (i would buy this in a seperate shop and be on the lookout for a lancool or a case with similar features and quality)

This are all new components.

Very vague i know, but it would be more then capable and toss anything you can buy for that money in a shop out the airlock.

800 euros is overkill imo.

Edited by Nadimos

• 2 weeks later...

You can get a very capable computer for 500-600 Euro already, if you build it yourself. Just be on the lookout and research abit.

Motherboard: 60-70 (gigabyte)

Processor: 100 (amd)

CPU Cooler: really silent? 30-40

Ram: depends (take a look on the motherboard page and get the cheapest compatible in your shop)

Graphic: 100-120 (make sure it is silent)

DVD: 20

HDD: depends (make sure motherboard has ide and you can use your old one)

Case with 500W power supply: 100 (i would buy this in a seperate shop and be on the lookout for a lancool or a case with similar features and quality)

Hi,thanks for sharing the information here.Really a great information is provided here......

Admin links removeed.

Buddah

This are all new components.

Very vague i know, but it would be more then capable and toss anything you can buy for that money in a shop out the airlock.

800 euros is overkill imo.

the most important thing you get will be the motherboard, it will determine whether or not you can upgrade easily in the future.

If you are on a really tight budget check out ebay, I got most everything in my current rig on ebay and it runs fine. I spent a little over 400$ and got a quad core rig with 2g of ram and an ati 3850. Best thing is that the motherboard supports crossfire so if I choose I can grab another 3850, or upgrade to a new card and crosfire it down the road.