Adding adventure mods destroys game.

jturtle

I have had to uninstall and reinstall the game 4 times now, with a tech rep babysitting on the last one, so I'm pretty sure I have things right. Trying to install any adventure mods except troll Mountain -- The Quests and Legends (which looks really cool), the Sappho mods (which also looks cool), Hammer and Anvil, Emmisary -- any of them causes immediate game crash on load and corruption of files so that I have to reinstall the whole game. I have tried these one at a time, and it doesn't matter which. I am playing only Origins thus far. I wanted to finish that before moving on to awakenings

I have the following mods installed currently; almost all are related to appearance or items, or are premium content:

Dragon Age Awakening

Feast day gifts

Feast Day Pranks (not installed)

The Darkspawn Chronicles

Blightblood for origins

Blightblood for Awakening

Golems of Amgarrak

Golems Might for origins

Gloems Might for awakenings

Leliana's Song

Battledress of the Provacateur (both)

Warden's Keep

Blood Dragon Armor

Witch Hunt

WitchCraft (for Origins)

Witchcraft forAwakening

Extra Dog Slot

Helm removal

Elven Warden Armor

Grey Warden Runic Armor

AutoLoot

Morrigan Restoration Patch (not enabled)

Less Blood

Polygamey

Selling to Merchants (doesn't seem to work, but haven't messed with it yet)

Shangrila

Shapeshifter Plus

tal storage chest

Troll Mountain

Wing of Lilith

Lock bash

The Phoenix Armory

Hsli Sexy Mage Robes

Advanced Quickbar

Succubus Bedlah (not sure if this one works or not; but it doesn't seem to make a difference to the issue at hand)

Lealion the Mage (not enabled -- crashes games not started with it active)

Stamina Potion Recipe (though I haven't seen it yet)

Console -- Add Points (Yes, I get annoyed at more flexible characters like rogues and mages not being able to fill out a skill/talent set due to not enough points to spread around)

Return to Ostagar

The Stone Prisoner

I also have the following mods in the override folder:

Bidelles Cosmetics Eyes v1

Bidelles Cosmetics Eyes OLD

CC Extra Tints and Tones

Freckles Plus

HF LOTC Hairstyles

Hsli Sexy RObes

LelAnoraDlg Fix (I want to be able to have the Leliana as Mistress choice run smoothly if I choose it)

LOTC eye texture

LOTC eyelash textures

LOTC Eyelashes

LOTC Long eyelashes

More Hairstyles

NBaio

Pinappletree's Vibrant Colors 1_3

Sex Movies always play (doesn't make any difference if it is pulled to problem at hand)

Teeth White

Tucked Hair

additem.ncs

additem.nss

fonts.erf

custom head meshes for both Morrigan and Leliana

I know I have a lot installed; but these all work together nice, and others seem to have succeeded in using them all as well. I would love to install the mod that change female faces at character selection for defaults; the lingerie option (so I can have the different body shapes but not necessarily walk around nude when no armor present), and different body shapes (I address that in a different post). Most of all, though, I would love to adventure more! People have put a lot of work into these mods, and I would really like to find a way to play them. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Thandal
Added [.spoiler] tags to reduce screen-display for those not actively investigating.

Welcome, jturtle;

Sorry you're having problems. Maybe someone here can help.

1. What sort of install: retail disc? Steam? D2D? Other?

2. What patch level?

3. Have you tried disabling/removing all OTHER mods, then installing an "adventure mod" and see if that works?

4. I've tried a good number of the mods you listed, and have had them successfully working together. When used as directed, I've never had the sort of crash/corrupting behavior you report.

[Edit] Full Disclosure: The one time my game would crash when loading a save was the time I had removed the "Potion of Transformation" before I had returned all the characters to "the way they were before". :laugh: It was my own fault, since the mod's author had warned about that in the "Uninstall" instructions!

Edited by Thandal

Thanks for responding.

1. I purchased the online downloadable Ultimate package, with all the premium content and the expansion.

2. I don't know the patch level for certain; it updates automatically whenever I go through the EAdownloader, I think. Certainly I would have thought that the rep updated me to the latest versions.

3. No, I haven't tried that. I guess I just really want to get through the original game once, before dismantling it. I think I am almost there, though I am currently exploring different dialogue results after defeating Loghain at the Landsmeet in my first game. If they used NBaio, maybe that was part of the problem. Now that I have fixed that (see other thread), maybe they will work. :) If not, I will try what you sugggest, and report back here.

Thanks again.

Hmm.. Ultimate Edition..

You should have the latest version by now.

I hate to disappoint you, but most mods here don't work very well with the Ultimate Edition.

I have NOT found this to be the case. Thre is NO difference between the materials in the UE and those of the indivdual pieces except the way they were installed. (Not the LOCATIONS, the method.) Once all of your DLC is "authorized", it's the same game.

And yes, the UE automatically puts you to patch 1.04 (the latest.)

There ARE differences in the locations of some files between a Steam install and the Retail Disc one, not sure if the same is true with teh EA Store's "direct download".