Mod Compatibility

Moja

I know Skyrim will apparently be using a new engine, so presumably the construction set will be new as well (is Creation the construction set?).

Is it feasible that any modded content from Oblivion would be compatible with Skyrim? At the very least, it seems new 3d meshes and textures would be able to be ported with minimal effort. Is there even a remote possibility that topographical maps or dungeon layouts could be transferred, or is that pretty much impossible?

proberly not "easily" since it will proberly use a new skeleton with them saying body size is adjustable, but no one realy knows till we actualy see the engine and CS.

If you look back a few years, we got the same questions regarding Morrowind and Oblivion. It turned out it was posible and it was eventualy done by some enthusiast folks. Problem was that it was considered to be illegal, so it was banned from discution even here. Due to some contract terms of some sort and copyright rights. I think what you say will most likely be posible, but I'm not sure if it will also be legal. This is what I think. My answear might not respond to your question exactly, but just so you know.

I can answer one of your questions, and know that I am 100% correct: Yes, the Creation Kit is Skyrims Construction Set. :)

As for porting - It can most likely be done, but as Push said it will also most likely be illegal.

This shouldn't really be a problem, as we should create new things, not port old stuff! Just look at New Vegas, cluttered with bad ports from Fallout 3, which doesn't really add anything to the New Vegas experience; it's just ported for the sake of porting...