The education system

marharth

If you don't think its messed up then you either don't live in the USA or have never been in a school.

How do you think it should be fixed? I have a ton of things I could do to fix it, but I like to post after other people do.

It's nearly impossible. The land is divided, we are isolated, prideful and ignorant. Yes, we have the best unis but they are full of foreign students. Throwing money at it has already been done, it's not going to improve.

I think more money should be spent on the education, but more importantly, it should be spent properly. Many school get large grants and spend it on their athletic departments instead of for teachers and supplies.

I think more money should be spent on the education, but more importantly, it should be spent properly. Many school get large grants and spend it on their athletic departments instead of for teachers and supplies.

Agreed

Ill go ahead and post now I guess...

1. Make the Department of Education completely federal, having a bunch of local school districts doesn't help anything.

2. Make a federal dropout age of around 12-15, I think most people can be sure that school isn't working at that point.

3. Make it so a student can learn how they want to, forcing a certain way of education for everyone doesn't help.

4. Schools need to teach you how to think, not what to think.

@marharth

This is one reason education is so tough to solve. I actually feel that we should get the Fed out of education completely. Shut down the Dept. of Education. Since their inception our education system has gone steadily downhill. One size does not fit all as you seem to understand with your other bullet points, if the local schools have the power they can try different things and they can tailor the education the local kids get to what the local kids need.

Instead of a national fight over charter schools and vouchers we could have different systems trying different things and we could all learn from those experiences.