CBBE AND Sevenbase, etc?

CrystalImage

Just a quick little question since I can't seem to find a straight answer elsewhere and I really want to know. There are a lot of armors that I want to use that are Sevenbase only, but I currently have CBBE installed. Can I install Sevenbase bodies as well, so that I can use those armors, or is it one or the other? Same thing goes for UNP stuff, can I use both that and CBBE?

UNP derived bodies are not compatible with CBBE or it's derivatives and vice versa. That means that while nothing is stopping you from downloading mods for conflicting bodies they will not work correctly with each other in your game.

There are mods to allow you to use more than one female body mod at a time but they are generally complex and not always capable of handling armors for both shapes as well, nor are they designed to hot swap your character from one body to the other so you can change clothing types.

If all you want is the armor, not necessarily on your player character then the easiest way is to install a companion that uses the other body.

Some custom races also use specific body mods that make for easy switching around with in game.

The main reason people don't use mods from other body types is clipping, I've never seen it be a game/save breaking conflict.

If you didn't know, Caliente's bodyslide tool, which you should have downloaded with CBBE, has some templates to emulate popular body types there, or better yet you can play with it yourself. I use CBBE because I like the level of customization.... So I run into this too, and when I see an armor I like I get it and try it to see if it's totally screwey, slightly off, or you really can't tell it's not supposed to be there. You'd be surprised how many things made for UNP/7B/DreamGirl etc. work just fine with MOST CBBE builds, it just depends how crazy you go with the sliders.

And the answer to your question is no, you can't have more than one body mod at a time. But the answer to your second question is definitely yes, those followers mostly come with everything they need, they don't rely on your mods.

Edited by Katy420

• 3 years later...