Converted esp to esm... but...

DAOFAN24

I don't think converting the entire plugin to a master will work because in Oblivion changes to the Tamriel worldspace in a .esm will make the landscape disappear and stuff.

You most likely would have to split it into two separate files, an .esp containing the worldspace edits and an .esm containing everything else, and of course the .esp in question would have to be tagged as being dependent upon the .esm.

I think...

I don't think converting the entire plugin to a master will work because in Oblivion changes to the Tamriel worldspace in a .esm will make the landscape disappear and stuff.

You most likely would have to split it into two separate files, an .esp containing the worldspace edits and an .esm containing everything else, and of course the .esp in question would have to be tagged as being dependent upon the .esm.

I think...

I see... so that explains why i can't exit the sewers :unsure: . So how do i convert it to esm with just the spells?

Why do you need to convert it to an esm at all?

so i can add spells to my 90+ npcs/companions

I thought that might be it; I've wanted to do the same thing. The way I would do it is copy only the things you need to make that work (spells, scripts etc.) into an .esp with something like TES4GECKO, which I would then use to convert it to an .esm and to make the original .esp dependent upon it. When you load them in the CS you'll get errors saying the spells exist in both files but just hit "YesToAll" and the CS will rename one set with the suffix DUPLICATE. Then you'll be able to add the spells from the .esm to the spell lists of your characters and they will stay there after you have saved your plugin.

The only other alternative, I think, would be to add all your characters to the Midas Spells .esp -- but neither of these methods is really practical if you intend to upload the characters to the Nexus and I really only recommend it for personal use.

Why do you need to convert it to an esm at all?

so i can add spells to my 90+ npcs/companions

I thought that might be it; I've wanted to do the same thing. The way I would do it is copy only the things you need to make that work (spells, scripts etc.) into an .esp with something like TES4GECKO, which I would then use to convert it to an .esm and to make the original .esp dependent upon it. When you load them in the CS you'll get errors saying the spells exist in both files but just hit "YesToAll" and the CS will rename one set with the suffix DUPLICATE. Then you'll be able to add the spells from the .esm to the spell lists of your characters and they will stay there after you have saved your plugin.

The only other alternative, I think, would be to add all your characters to the Midas Spells .esp -- but neither of these methods is really practical if you intend to upload the characters to the Nexus and I really only recommend it for personal use.

I guess thats the only way then :( .

You can add .esp files as masters with Bash.

In theory I believe you could convert the Midas .esp to an .esm in Wrye Bash, then create your companion plugin in the CS with the Midas .esp (which CS now thinks is an .esm) loaded, then change the Midas .esp back to an .esp file in Wrye Bash.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hem

I always just loaded up any .esp files I wanted as masters in the CS, then added them as masters with Bash after I was done.

So, there's two methods for you to try.

I think companions with Midas spells is just asking for trouble, though. Just go to the Arcane University and punch a scholar if you want an example. In less than two minutes they will be too busy killing each other to care about you... ._.