Companion Shapeshifting Errors. Please Help!!

lustrianna

Hello all. I just recently installed the Expanded Shapeshifting Mod and I am having some serious issues! First off, when I use any of the forms on my main character, all is well, no problems whatsoever. But, when I try and get my companions to use them, Morrigan and Wynne, they turn into these horrific, melded, mutated jumble of pixels!! I have no idea how to fix this! I have dragon age redesigned installed, so i tried uninstalling that and using the forms, issue still happens, tried uninstalling/reinstalling the shapeshifting mod, still happens. To make matters worse, i tried installing a DIFFERENT shapeshifting mod AFTER removing Expanded Shapeshifting, and the new mod's forms STILL turn my companions into horrific disasters!! Anyone know what to to do, or how to solve this???

P.S.

I narrowed it down, the only forms that cause such a drastic effect (as seen below) are desire demon form and nature demon form... Is one of my other mods conflicting with the shapeshifting one? Is so, anyone know what mods are out there that tend to cause this sort of thing? One other thing, I cant place certain armor mods on my companions either, it makes their bodies dissapear! Maybe the two problems are linked???

Edited by lustrianna

... Is one of my other mods conflicting with the shapeshifting one? Is so, anyone know what mods are out there that tend to cause this sort of thing? One other thing, I cant place certain armor mods on my companions either, it makes their bodies dissapear! Maybe the two problems are linked???

Yes, something is conflicting. Most likely a model or texture, but I don't have enough experience with that kind of mod to point to any specific ones.

Standard troubleshooting for suddden problems with mods:

1. Disable all "unofficial" items on the "Installed Content" screen

2. Copy your ENTIRE "[\user's profle]\Packages\core\override" folder to SOMEWHERE ELSE. (desktop, other folder, etc.)

3. Re-install problem mod (making new "[\user's profle]\Packages\core\override" folder, if needed.)

4. Test mod.

5. If problem still appears, then it's not a conflict and you can start other troubleshooting efforts.

6. But if problem is gone, then you know it's related to a mod you removed. Start re-enabling/re-installing the removed mods in batches until you identify the culprit.

And the "certain armor make the body part invisible" problem is frequently a result of either the "Universal Dye Kit", or the "Potion of Transformation". Are you using either of those?

[Edited for typos]

Edited by Thandal

Not using any transformation potions or dye kits. Same problem with the armor as with the shapeshifting. I can put the armor on myself, but when i put it on anyone else their bodies go poof, and I can shapeshift using the mods, but if they do they turn into horrid mutations. But anyway, your advice sounds good, ill try that and post the result here shortly.

Are you using any "appearance" mods for your companions? Does it happen with ALL armour, or only certain "mod-supplied" sets? I've also experienced this behaviour with "Leliana's True Sacred Ashes Armour". But that set is restricted to her alone, and the issue resolves itself if I leave Camp, then have her take-it-off/put-it-back-on.

[Edit for typos.]

Edited by Thandal