A Mod that would use the REAL "SkySunBeam"

reaper9111

Have you ever notice in the activator section there's 3 item called "SkySunBeam" (01,02,03) Bethesda made them, 3 beautiful animated sun beam but nerver used them in game...

They are trylly looking awesome with a light discoloration from light yellow / orange to light blue...

Is there a mod that made use of them (a Replacer) if not wouln't be great to have this insted of the boring "light beam" we all know (you know they are all over everywhere in every cave)

If someone is willing to take that large task to hand place all the "nearly 500" light beam already in game and rplace them with those new* one...

This would be great !

This post is more for informational purpuse then a request itself ! But can be concider as a request also !

Reaper

Here's a picture:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/reaper9111bucket/SkySunBeam.jpg

Edited by reaper9111

Nell my friend, what's up ? Nan man, i have no idea of how the fps can react with them in a cave insted of the other...

All i can say is that i would definitly use them if a mod to replace the old ones would exist !

Theyr might be a reason yes... But don't forget that bethesda forgot lots of stuff in OB... this can be one of them !

Reaper

Couldn't you use the "search-replace" function in the CS

I think I'm about to learn something new and dramatically interesting! I haven't got the CS in front of me (using my netbook, not my gaming laptop), and the CS doesn't seem to have an entry for it (at least on a fast skim). Can I assume it isn't a text-only replacer..??

reaper9111 - And hello to you. :) I'm just chugging along with the latest mods-in-progress. Hope you're doing well!

(I'm also telling myself that it would NOT be at all sensible to go through & replace every one of those sunbeams with the animated ones, and add some kind of sparkly treasure in for Yet Another Treasure Hunt Mod.)

Guys, i've quickly try to replace the "usual" lightbeam with one of these, the problem is that one is vertical and the other is horizontal... this would mess up everything... unless i really take the time to work the mesh to position and resize it correctly... This is possible, There's only one other problem, what with those pl;ace that require this meshe to be the real usual blue lightbeam, ? replacing it would also mess up those place ?!!!

@greenwarden

What botton to "Search and Replace" ? such button do'snt exist in CS, unless you have an extension of the CS ? Do You ?

Reaper

@greenwarden

What botton to "Search and Replace" ? such button do'snt exist in CS, unless you have an extension of the CS ? Do You ?

You don't need the CS Extender for this, nope. Search and replace is a function in the vanilla CS, found at the bottom of the dropdown list that appears when you select "Edit". Select the item you want to replace by clicking it in the render window, then select "Edit -> Search and Replace". A box will pop up containing the name of the item you selected, and there's a window below that which you can use to select any other item in the CS. You can choose to replace just that one item you selected, all items of that type in the current cell, or all items of that type in the gameworld.