Voice acting in mods

JSNB

I've noticed in a lot of mods don't add new voice acting, but that there are some who try at it.

So if theres anyone working on some that add new quests, land ect. I wouldn't mind doing some voice acting if you would like, and I know others that can also if you need a larger team of people for it.

The others and I don't really know much about modding though but I can just send you the files and you take it from there.

But ya, I was just curious, I was intrested in helping raising the quality of mods and new mods by throwing that out there as a possibility.

Edited by JSNB

The mods with voices, some have voice acting and some have voice talking.

The voice actors are true characters with texture and depth and interest. The voice talkers are regular people just sitting there talking as if they were reading a eulogy.

If you're trying voice acting, rehearse outloud what you will read a dozen times at least, find a good voice pitch and practice it, decide how old your voice is and practice it, choose one attribute (friendly, grumpy, bored, sexy, etc.) and practice that it. Then study the meaning of what you're saying and practice expressing it, as if you really cared about what you were saying and liked or hated who you are talking to. Record yourself many times to get it right. And hopefully, you're in a studio when you do it :) If you do all that, you'll make your mod much more enjoyable for all of us.

and good point

I'm perfectly fine at acting, i've done competive acting for some time now and ect. but I suppose I don't know how good my voice equipment is...

I sure don't happen to have a studio laying around, although I know people where I might be able to use their music studio, that might end up costing a bit of money though

Edited by JSNB

Audacity is a good program from my use with it, and since its free there are lots of resources for it, things like tutorials and videos on how to achieve certain effects.

My first time using it was when I was trying to re-voice Halo's Guilty Spark (The Monitor) since we couldn't use his voice, it turned out there were tons of tutorials and videos on how to do it and it made things a lot easier, of course that mod never got finished but still.

Also I do agree that if someone is going to volunteer to voice act on my thread AllenOcelot mentioned, then hopefully they will act the part and not read thier lines like the "Clear eyes" commerical guy.

Offer Your Voice, Or Request Them For A Mod

http://i55.tinypic.com/v42q2t.png

If you'd like I could post some links to good sites with Audacity tutorials for you as well. Just post here or message me and I will.

Edited by simplywayne90