Help. MMM trouble.

Onelife1blood

I just downloaded Martigens Monster Mod v3.1, and no new creatures will appear. I've run into a few packs of wolves and some rats and all that shows is a floating purple, mesh head. I've tried installing an update and reinstalling meshes and textures but nothing has helped. does anyone know what might be wrong? I'm not sure about the proper load order. I have all MMM esps last except for deadly reflexes.

In a nutshell, you need to use BOSS to sort your loading order, probably OBMM to perform archive invalidation, and possibly Wrye Bash to persuade things to play nice together.

All three programs are available through the Nexus, and I suggest starting with BOSS. Read the Readme, install it correctly, run it, and your files will be sorted into a probably optimised load order.

If you still have the problem then, download and install OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager), and run archive invalidation. Again, the readme file is your friend.

You don't list other potentially useful stuff like which version of Oblivion, whether you have applied any / all of the update patches, whether you have any other mods installed, etc. The information you gave is like ringing a garage and saying "I put in Shell petrol and my car won't start" without telling the it';s a diesel engine car - more information leads to a better possible diagnosis. The Steam and Direct-to-Drive versions of Oblivion have their own quirks where mods are concerned, for instance, and may take an expert to advise you how to fix stuff or even whether it's possible.

Sorry, I forgot to tell more info. I've got the GOTY edition with all patches and the unofficial patch. I'm playing on Windows 7. I don't think I need any other loading tools, I already have OBMM. Plus, I installed the mod over Christmas when I got my new laptop and it worked without problems, but I had to uninstall and reinstall the game because of some problems. Now that I think of it, that was the full MMM 3.55 version from PES though. I'm away at school right now and it blocked filefront as being a p2p site. so I guess I can wait until I visit home again and just download the version I had earlier. I don't have any different mods or patches installed now than when I installed 355 the first time, so I think it should work.

I tend to keep all of my downloads on the hard drive for just such an event. There's a MMM Install script on the Nexus by theNiceGuy I think - it automates the MMM install as an OMOD and makes it work well. He's also done ones for FCOM and LAME, possibly more. If you're on Win7, and haven't alredy done so, install the game to c:\Games\ not c:\Program Files\ - it stops the OS having a fit every time you update a file. Edited by MarkInMKUK