VAULT 22 QUESTION

webster63

im in vault 22 and i have a few question about strange things that are going on and i hope someone can answer

im there with veronica to recover plant research data as proof for BOS and im thinking this is the same data i already recovered for the macarran research doctor

the terminal now says 34% data integrety or something like that and i get no dialog to do anything so is this quest undoable as in the data can only be used once and if so why was i allowed to start a quest that cant be completed?

second question is i finally found doctor keely and now she asked me to do something for her but it gave me no map markers or quest title listed on my pip boy so the task she gave me is based only on what i can remember of what she told me which isnt much so whats the deal here, if this is really a quest which it must be i didnt get the official quest noise and quest title screen or the map marker for where i need to go to do this thing. is this a game bug?

and now i have another issue because i cleaned the place out the first time i was there and sold everything to get rid of the extra weight but now i find myself without any flame weapons or grenades to ignite the gas yet i cant now refuse the quest because i get no dialog to do so and she has the doors locked so i cant leave. i beamed out to buy grenades but cant get back in so it looks like im screwed here. she had the needed grenades in her duffle bag but there are no working beds in this vault so before i wait forever does anyone know if they will ever respwn so i can complete this quest and continue my game? i dont know what side effects may occur by leaving this thing hanging waiting for a spark that never comes to blow it up.

also an additional problem i have is that i lost ED-E (he was blown up and never came back) im not on hardcore so he should have healed so whats the command to make him come back? i search the area very well so i guess he got stuck in a wall somewhere because i couldnt find him after the explosion

i tried something i saw in another thread about using ~ to open the script then typing in

prid 001732d1 moveto player

but it just kept giving me stuff about it being unrecognized, i tried with and without spaces but nothing was accepted

Edited by webster63

I've you've already done the quest once you can't repeat it for Veronica.

If Ed-e gets caught in the blast when you ignite the gas on the bottom level of the vault he glitches and gets stuck there somewhere and will remain there indefinitely but also remains as your companion indefinitely. You keep the perk but you'll never get Ed-e back without using the console. He's stuck that way in my game now which is fine for me because I just want his perk anyway.

I can't offer a lot of help, but I can give you a word of advice. Have your escape plan laid out BEFORE you ever attempt to ignite that gas. It will kill everything nearby, including you! There is a way I found, one I used long fused dynamite, but you still have to get close enough to affect the gas. Second, I found a good "hidey hole" to run into (and I mean haul arse!) once I threw dynamite.

As I recall there weren't any quest markers for Dr. Keely regarding the explosion. She requested and I took out. I'm always strapped to the teeth, so I already had the firepower to ignite the gas, getting out alive became the issue. I do believe I got the update to return to the doc in McCarren once all Keely's requests had been carried out.

I haven't gotten the quest for Veronica involving 22 so I'm not sure about that. Not much info, but I hope it helps a bit. Good luck!

You can just use the grenades she offers you, hide in the server room where you downloaded the data and close the door before the explosion. It's really easy.

thats just it, the first time i went to vault 22 for macarran doctor i took the grenades from the bag i found on the floor along with everything else of any real value there and sold them at macarran to buy a sniper rifle when i returned the data to him

now im back for veronica seeking the same data but this time i found keely and that started the quest thing so its a bummer but the grenades should respawn to prevent the situation i find myself in now.

the room, yes it was pretty obvious to use it rather then try to outrun the blast but all i had was the thermal lance witch has showers of sparks but it wount ignite the gas.

i used the console to unlock and relock the door again to get into the vault again after going back to macarran and buying back the grenades i sold

i guess the grnade bag MUST be set to respawn by a mod in order to fix this issue so a cheat isnt required to complete it

Edited by webster63

I've you've already done the quest once you can't repeat it for Veronica.

If Ed-e gets caught in the blast when you ignite the gas on the bottom level of the vault he glitches and gets stuck there somewhere and will remain there indefinitely but also remains as your companion indefinitely. You keep the perk but you'll never get Ed-e back without using the console. He's stuck that way in my game now which is fine for me because I just want his perk anyway.

ED-E was caught in the blast at boomers base when one of the exploding ants blew up so hes stuck inside the walls now, not outside but not inside either lol

i dont mind using the console to do it if i can so how do i get ED-E back (he has ALL my good weapons)

he is the upgraded by followers of apocolipse version

i tried a console code i saw in another thread but it wasnt recognised so it didnt work for me