Mod suggestions please

shadowblade016

Hi all. I'm new here and looking for some help. Ive been playing Oblivion for a couple months but have never used mods before. I was hoping to get some suggestions for mods to use. I would especially like mods that can allow to create better looking characters. Also if there is anything to make the world look better that'd be great too. If there is anything to make it so my character(s) look cooler in combat or doing things in the world (running, jumping, swimming, etc) I would like to know about them as well. I would also like to know if there are any other programs I should know about in order to run the mods.

Like I said I am completely new to using mods for this game, so if there are any tutorials (preferably written as my internet connection is insanely slow so i dislike watching videos online) could you tell me?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi Shadowblade,

Lots of mods out there in those areas. Thry'll come in all shapes and sizes, and with different install methods. However, if you want the option of trying and removing stuff if you don't like it, there are a few utilities you'll also need:

Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM for short).

Wrye Bash (which will also require you to install Python - just follow the readme step-by-step)..

Better Cblivion Sorting Software (BOSS).

The rule is, that if you install two mods that affect the same thing, the last one installed gets to do the job, even if it didn't overwrite the previous one - the tools above can help you solve that to some extent.

Firstly, install the latest official patch, and the unofficial patches to the main file, Shivering Isles, and the DLC plugins.

Graphical Mods: Environmental: I use Qarl's Texture Pack 3 for improved graphics generally, with assorted expansions to cover SI and Better cities. I use All Weather for the weather (funny, that), and a mod to light up windows at night, plus Real Lights to light interiors more realistically.

Graphical Mods: People: Tamreil NPCs Revived gives "nicer" faces to the NPCs.

Graphical Mods: Body: I installed the HGEC body, and matching clothes, and the BBB version for ...erm...interesting chest animations. Roberts Male Body is good for the male npcs

Graphical + mods: Character generation: I use the Race Rebalancing Project - it seems a little more compatible with other mods than Beautiful People.

Worldspace: I use Better Cities and Unique Landscapes, plus a few odd patches to go with quest mods.

Animations: DMC Stylish is recommended by others, I've not yet tried it. I have installed Sensual walks for NPCs so all the females have a nice wiggle :).