ARCHITECTURE MODDERS MUCH NEEDED!!!

Soolie

I am currently making a complete overhaul of the entire game, it is a HUGE mod, with a worldspace bigger than Tamriel and has many regions Based on Greece, Rome, Desert, Vikings, Australian Aborigional Tribes, Mountains, Asia, Jungle, Dark Jungle, Tropical Islands, Swamp and most importantly Hades or hell or whatever you call it plus Many more.

That is A HUGE of different architecture types so I WILL need help because I cant do this alone.

I will use the Bruma Architecture for Viking and mountain cities.

There is a desert architecture modders resource that I can use for the desert and arid regions.

And The SI Ruins are exactly what i need for the dark jungle areas.

So If anyone could make the buildings for the Greek, Rome, Asia, Tropical Islands or Hades regions It would be greatly appreciated and it will mean a lot to me.

I need the need the buildings to be almost Bethesda quality but if you cant make buildings of that quality, contact me anyway you might be able to help with something else.

PM Me for more details.

Edited by Soolie

Soolie, this sounds like a 5-year+ project!:blink:

Maybe you should wait for Skyrim, as it most likely has much of what you want to build here!

If you still want to go ahead with your ambitious plan (which I would gladly endorse when it is completed), you might want to do a search on the File forum first.

The Spartan mods (armor/weapons from the movie "300") may have some Greek architectural resources, or maybe you can PM their modders for ideas.

There are Tribal Huts, Igloos, Aztec temples, Viking villages, and Chinese buildings already built by good modders.

But my question is, why reinvent the wheel?

Say, you (and a dedicate team) built your wonderful mod with a huge landmass bigger than Cyrodiil, with a ton of different places, architecture styles, NPCs, creatures etc.

How is it different than your current Oblivion game with a ton of mods installed? Why not simply club together your favorite mods (with Greek, Viking or whatever stuff) as a mod pack (with prior permissions from their authors, of course) and release it as a single huge OMOD?

Do you realise what you are projecting to build is bigger than MERP, FCOM, Black Marsh, Elsewyr, UL and host of other big mods, combined?! And that is possible, only if there a very strong team of expert modders working without flagging or abandoning the project.

Again, I am not trying to rain on your parade, buddy. But try to be realistic. Start small, think big.

Think what you can bring to the table, that's never been done before, what would be so unique that people would be willing to patiently download, install and play it. And keeping our fingers crossed, they'll be able to enjoy and appreciate it after all that effort -- which should be the prime motivation for a modder, in the first place!

If you are looking to cut your teeth on some ambitious work, I can point you to certain ongoing projects which would gladly love to use your modding skills.

Soolie it is a big project you are undertaking... Good luck.

Here is a blank esp with most of the data you seem to want already in it with none of the landmass: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3776 (Yes it is a shameless plug of a 5 year old file but hey it still works)

Cant help with the architecture but maybe that blank will save you some time. (Will be updating it if I hear back from some folk if not I will be making one for Skyrim when it comes out if you can hang out that long)

Good luck to you sir and may you assemble a crack team of ninjas for your project.

The Wookiee.

@ Vvk78. Thanks I know this is a huge project but I have promised my self that i will see it finished. which may mean i will have to pass it on to someone else to complete.

I will also try to use content from other mods where possible. And I dont want this to feel like Oblivion with a total conversion mod, I want it to feel like a whole new game.

@ Wookiee. Thanks, Unfortunately i have already finished creating the worldspace and i am 80% finished with the regions so i wont be able to use your blank esp. I only wish i could have discovered it earlier,

but thanks anyway.

Also if anyone knows any modders that would be able to offer help PLEASE tell me because i can use all the help i can get.