Bizare Glitch

khulse

Every time I go through a door that loads my character into a new area, I start out half way across the room, or well past the door when going outside.

I just started a new game to test out a mod I'm making, and when I turn off the mod it seems to go away (more testing pending). The mod is fairly straight forward, not much scripting or anything. I saw the issue the first time when going through the first door in Helgen, and nothing in my mod should have been affecting the game at that point.

I've searched all over the net to see if anyone else has encountered something similar, I've cleaned the mod with tes5edit and the creation kit and so on, but I can't figure out what might be causing this.

Does anyone have a guess what it might be, or how to find out?

Have you looked at the door markers to check if

They may have been moved? I don't think I've heard of this problem before so I can't really help.

Have you looked at the door markers to check if

They may have been moved? I don't think I've heard of this problem before so I can't really help.

Good suggestion, but yeah, I checked that. They're still right where they're supposed to be. In fact, nothing in most of the cells where this is occurring is so much as in the same world space as any changes the mod has made. The only change the mod makes that should have ever loaded at this point in this game is a corpse I added to the torture chamber in Helgen Keep as a lore friendly way to provide a few non-modded items.

After some experimenting, it seems like the character spawns in up against or very close to the nearest object with collision in a straight line from the door, or a certain distance, whichever comes first.

It wouldn't bother me so much except that it's a mod I intend to share. If no one has any ideas what might be causing it I'll be stuck with deleting everything in my mod one at a time and testing in game.

I figured it out. Sort of.

I decided to go ahead and start deleting things to see what happened. The very first thing I deleted was a test cell I had left in because I'm still testing. The cell has no doors, or navmesh, or anything, but it does have several of the spider scroll spiders in residence, since my mod involves them. When I deleted that cell, the problem went away.

I can't think of a way to prove this, but my guess would be that the spiders were being moved to my location just long enough to push me forward, but then were being moved back to the cell. Or maybe the game was calculating the physics before actually moving them, then couldn't move them because it couldn't figure out how to get them out of the test cell. Or something.

Weirdness.

Which raises a point- anyone have any idea how to make an npc- say, a spider, for example- either such a feather wight that it can't push the character and can be pushed out of the way easily? Or maybe a sort of selective collision, so they're solid to the rest of the world but go right through the player?