So what happens

Lehcar

Am I alone in the notion that without the call of the Old Gods to compel them to dig, the darkspawn will flood the surface with all the intensity of a tsunami? After the last Archdemon is killed, the darkspawn will go back underground and there will be peace, for only as long as it takes the darkspawn to realize they have nothing left to dig up. Then the only thing worse than a Blight will happen, darkspawn will surface everywhere, and attack. Oh sure, they won't have anything like the focus or discipline they would under the arch demon, but they will make up for that with the fact that it is every darkspawn, everywhere that is coming to the party.

IMO - finding an Old God gives the darkspwn purpose (such as it is) between Blights. So when the last Old God (read: Archdemon) is slain, the darkspawn will have no purpose. They will continue to exist in the Deep Roads in loosely-organised bands, but there will be no cohesion between them. Therefore, they can at that point be wiped out - it will take some time due to numbers of darkspawn, but it can be done.

Maybe at that point the Maker will show his face once more...?

• 3 weeks later...

Im with Naomi here, I hope they will go back and answer those questions i felt paramount thru da:o and daa. Like who was the other that Velannas sister " bonded" too. I half hope it was Duncan drug beneath the dirt to the architet and that the warden [ I admit i loved da:o characters, romance and interaction! especially Alistair! teehee] go to investigate that, and altho that great mod dark times at Malkuth addresses the possiblity of reversing the calling.. the book by David Gaider entitled the calling, actually lists one [ al's mum] as having survived the calling and not having to have it again. ! Did Maric really die on a ship or did he go to Fiona to spend out his days? it would be interesting to go to orlais and help zevran deal with the crows they offer the invitation to join them [ sideline quest in denerim].

also if the architet was spared in Daa what happens to him? he certainly isnt going to lay down, he has been going strong also since the novel The Calling days. Someone needs to investigate, and WHAT was his purpose in experimenting on the warden? Who is the CHild he kept referring to. SO while new storylines in DA2 are cool, i still want and hope they go back to answer, those questions and also the epilogue of DAA about how warden and Lis, go off without a word. where did they go>? did they go to discover those answers? what are the answers?! and of course Flemeth is way to vague as left in DA:O and i seen the lil video posted about her and im intrigued but i wonder if that question of who she is and what she wants is still to come in da3 with my warden again! YAY! hey dreams are free!

EEP I just realized i never addressed the DS question and i meant to! Itis apparrent that abhorations like the architect, and the firsts came from somewhere, so without the singing of the old gods mb they become more of an intelligent hive directed by mad mother figures or conniving architects? I think too the possibilty of rampaging insanity is a good one, they just run amok like rabid animals, and without a focused goal of the locating the old gods, they might have way more time to run afoul of new tunnels to the surface etc. could we imagine a hive of bees that lost its hive mentality and just randomly flew everywhere stinging anything in sight>? brings to mind some of the zombie movies!!! way worse than a blight!

From what I understand, this is how a blight triggered :

1. Call form the old Gods (the song, as the mother refer it)

2. The DarkSpawn answer the call, try to find the old God (dig their way)

3. The DarkSpawn find the Old God, the Old God leads them on a rampage on the surface

4. Blight Triggered.

What the architect (The father as the mother refer it) is trying to do

is to take away the call (the song), allowing the DarkSpawn (DS) to think

and to have free will of their own, By using his version of Grey Warden Joining ritual.

In awakening, if you spared the disciple on the city of amaranthine

(the one who came to warn you about the attack on vigil keep) later in

the ending you will learn that he actually help traveler in danger,

this indicates that they are capable of doing good deeds.

So without the song/the call I think they will have free mind ,free will, free choice.

They could build city, society etc instead of rampaging on the surface all the time.

Or they could turn on each other.

In a way, maybe, they could become 'normal'.

Or at least as normal as a DS could be.

Edited by edriano