Anyone else had this problem...?

Sync182

I don't know about anyone else, but for me I've found that when I'm playing a rogue character, I can usually (once I've got my Traps skill and Cunning high enough) spot and disable traps fairly efficiently.

However, I'm finding that Leliana, even after I've respecced her to give her better Traps skill and higher Cunning, is unable to find the same traps that I, as a rogue with the same values, would.

Anyone else encountering this?

She is behind you all the time. She detect the trap within certain distant. So are you .If you are rogue yourself, her detection sense is useless because you always find the trap first.

If you are not rogue and you are not controlling Leliana, her trap detection is still useless because she's behind you and may be too late to warn you.

Therefore control Leliana. Let her scout the path in front of you.

Yeah, I've done that, too - that "random encounter" where you encounter darkspwn in a trap-filled field is a good case-in-point.

My rogue PC found and disarmed every trap in the field.

Different playthrough (this time I'm a mage) and I had the party hold position, controlled Leliana and had her scout - didn't find any traps until she stepped on them. Same for that encounter with wolves on the trap-filled path.

It's just annoying.

what mods, if any, do you have loaded whilst playing. There are a couple that can interfere with this skill.

Hmm... maybe you haven't level her trap/lockpicking skill adequately. At lvl 3 and below, she tends to miss a lot more than your average rogue. She's a bard after all. Even Zevran (assasin) is less capable compare to your rogue skill.

Heh...I clearly didn't read the skill descriptions fully. :whistling:

I have no idea why I never thought to consider that the Lockpicking skill would also help you detect & disarm traps...! :wallbash: