Nehrim Purple Blood and Missing HUD Bars

finigin

Hey guys!

Okay so i see everybody is raving on about Nehrim (Quote off IGN Forum "Best Mod Eva IMO ATM" haha) so i decide that i might chuck it on and have a look, only to be welcomed by a myriad of issues. After battling through numerous issues i completely removed oblivion and re-installed a fresh (And Legit) copy that is devoid of any mods (I am a mod addict, over 200 were installed). Anyway so i install Nehrim only to find even more issue's.

1. No Voiced dialog: the starting bloke who rushes out to meet you does not speak and his subtitles flash by really quickly

2. Characters eyes: They keep rolling back into his head after about 10 minutes in the game, hasn't done it for a while after applying a supposed 'Fix' but still WTF?

3. HUD: the bars dictating how much Magicka, Health, Stamina are no longer there, just the little gold markers.

4. Purple Blood: when ever i hit an enemy with the dagger (its the only weapon i have at the moment) all that comes out is what appears to be small purple sprites/Squares that turn the immediate area purple as well.

thats all Ive come across so far and Ive only played it for like 15 minutes at one time because these bugs make it more or less unplayable, any solution is more than welcome.

My dxdiag is attached, cant see how it would be the problem though because i never had this issue in both vanilla and modded oblivion (strange huh?). All drivers are up to the latest versions and i haven't made any hardware or software changes in the time slot this has occurred in (Including Overclocking).

Thanks in advance,

Finigin

finigin - did you patch Oblivion to the latest version before putting Nehrim on? There should be a comprehensive install guide with the download, and I'm pretty sure that was in there (not at home at the moment so can't check).

Also, if you want to run Oblivion AND Nehrim, there's a utility called mTES4 on the nexus - it automates switching between oblivion clones. A little buggy at the moment, but I've found it very useful.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

finigin - did you patch Oblivion to the latest version before putting Nehrim on? There should be a comprehensive install guide with the download, and I'm pretty sure that was in there (not at home at the moment so can't check).

Also, if you want to run Oblivion AND Nehrim, there's a utility called mTES4 on the nexus - it automates switching between oblivion clones. A little buggy at the moment, but I've found it very useful.

Hey,

Thanks for replying! Yep its been patched up to the latest SI patch and all the un-official patchs as well (Tried those last night). Im gonna check out that mTES4 now.

Thanks!

mTES4 Lets me import but not switch to Nehrim, doesn't matter what i do it just doesn't want to switch to it, i accidentally launched oblivion (I put my modded copy back on last night to grab some textures from it to fix the blood) and it has f***ed around with all the textures in oblivion as well - now oblivions ground is bloody purple lol i just cant win.

any suggestions on why i cant seem to switch between?

Alight, Ive fixed everything except the voice acting, their lips dont even move which is generally a sign that either the sound file doesn't exist or the reference that the game has to it is invalid.

Any suggestions?

Oblivion.exe itself required that four BSA files be present or all manner of nasty stuff happens. That is probably why the executable install, NehrimInstall_1.0.7.5_EN.exe, is going to ask if you want it to copy some files over to a new folder called %Program Files$\SureAI\Nehrim\.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1589/hudandmenu.jpg

As far as I can tell the game will want to alter the Oblivion - Misc.bsa (Some HUD settings are in there) or install its own version or unpack the one you have because my Nehrim data folder has a different sise file. any way you will also need Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa and Oblivion - Meshes.bsa in the data folder as well.

Now if you have only limited space on your hard drive and NTFS file system I'd get Link Shell Extension and make hard links to the original bsa's in your Oblivion data folder to save space.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9798/hardlinky.jpg

if you had trouble getting the latest installer because the Nehrim site was down then try try again. The installer is the way to go,... not any rip or archive.

Here is a link:Nehrim - At Fate's Edge English vers. download - Mod DB

If you sign up and log in to Mod DB you can use a multithreading download manager and achieve over I meg/s speed.I used Free Download Manager remember to put your login info into the managers properties window for the Mod DB file.

If all gos well the special launcher: NehrimLauncher.exe will tell you about NehrimUpdate_1.1.1.1_EN.exe and even get it for you if the sever is up.

Nehrim - Start

Nehrim Wiki

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Downloads - Nehrim: At Fate's Edge Mod for Oblivion - Mod DB

Nehrim - At Fate's Edge English vers. download - Mod DB

Mods that work with Nehrim - Bethesda Softworks Forums

Nehrim - DarN UI Dialog Patch at The Elder Scrolls Nexus - Oblivion mods and community

Nehrim and Mods - Bethesda Softworks Forums

Using Oblivion Mods with Nehrim - Keybards

Edited by Apprentice Harper