Nehrim Purple Blood and Missing HUD Bars

finigin

Purple blood is a missing texture. If you didn't start with a CLEAN install of Oblivion, you may have it looking for a replacement blood texture that didn't get copied across.

Purple blood is a missing texture. If you didn't start with a CLEAN install of Oblivion, you may have it looking for a replacement blood texture that didn't get copied across.

Thanks. I had a feeling it was something like that. So do I have to reinstall Oblivion again? I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I actually have other missing textures as well the WTF ones that I get after the unofficial patch. They used to be exclamation points. Also when I loot the male characters their body turns invisible. Is their a program that can help me find the missing textures?

OK, start with the basics. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, and installed to the default path (under Program files), then many mods may fail to work properly because of UAC. If so, look on the nexus for Bben46's uninstall/reinstall guide and shift the lot to c:\Games\Oblivion.

Next, look in your Nehrim install folder. There should be a folder called "Data". Open that folder. Is there another folder in it also called Data? If so, you screwed up an install someplace. Drag the "inner" data folder to your Oblivion directory, and allow it to merge with the original Data folder. Then try again.

If a mod has a .esp file included, you HAVE to activate that to get it working. Ideally install and use Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). Make sure ALL of the ESP and ESM files are ticked (active). Note that in a Nehrim installation, you may have to disable Oblivion.esm - read the install manual carefully and do what it tells you. Then select Utilities > BSA Redirection, then click update.

Of course, sometimes you get a mod clash, or one that insists on having Oblivion not Nehrim active. That's where a clever program called Wrye Bash comes in, along with BOSS (Beter Oblivion Sorting Software). Between them they can fix a lot of bugs - but take far to long to explain here.

OK, start with the basics. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, and installed to the default path (under Program files), then many mods may fail to work properly because of UAC. If so, look on the nexus for Bben46's uninstall/reinstall guide and shift the lot to c:\Games\Oblivion.

Next, look in your Nehrim install folder. There should be a folder called "Data". Open that folder. Is there another folder in it also called Data? If so, you screwed up an install someplace. Drag the "inner" data folder to your Oblivion directory, and allow it to merge with the original Data folder. Then try again.

If a mod has a .esp file included, you HAVE to activate that to get it working. Ideally install and use Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). Make sure ALL of the ESP and ESM files are ticked (active). Note that in a Nehrim installation, you may have to disable Oblivion.esm - read the install manual carefully and do what it tells you. Then select Utilities > BSA Redirection, then click update.

Of course, sometimes you get a mod clash, or one that insists on having Oblivion not Nehrim active. That's where a clever program called Wrye Bash comes in, along with BOSS (Beter Oblivion Sorting Software). Between them they can fix a lot of bugs - but take far to long to explain here.

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually fixed the whole purple blood thing by rearranging the load order. I will merge the data folders as suggested. The last issue i have is the WTF missing textures. I actually dont know what Nehrim is, I was tired and saw purple blood, and responded to that. I do use OBMM though, I almost always convert mods to omod. I also have Wrye Bash which helped me to keep Oblivion from crashing when I loaded a game. I just reloaded the masters and things worked again. Anyway thanks a lot, you have been most helpfull.