Creepy moments in FO3

JkKILER

Have to agree that Dunwich Bldg at 4:00 AM (with borrowed sennheiser [spelling?] headphones) - was far more intense than I ever expected or imagined... Later: doing this same crazy little trip wearing my 'ghoul mask' (care of certain stuff happening at Tenpenny Towers...) brings down the fear level - to tolerable but still kinda weird - Lastly a BIG Thank you! - Just found & joined this site, as I love F3 big time! - Some of the folks here really know their stuff, which makes the "F3 Experience" even better - Allways wanted MODS, and now super keen to step right up... Thanks all & Be well!

The Abominations on Mothership Zeta.

Seriously, they freak me out. Especially when they point at you and shriek, but they're just really creepy-looking and disturbing in general. Every time I see one, I try to kill it as fast as I can, and I'm practically whimpering during the VATS slowdowns against one. Everytime one of those things sneaks up on me out of nowhere, I jump twice my height and s*** myself.

But for second place, I would say the Dunwich Building (in general) and the Vault 106 hallucinations in third.

Edited by Cyberweasel89

The hallucinations in Vault 106? I can't remember.

Also, the sacred bog in Point lookout, with all the "Limited Edition Vault Tech Bobbleheads" -

When I noticed a glowing red knife, and the HUGE pin and string going in and out of the ground :P followed by Mr Break - The Mr Burke look-alike character with Tobars voice

• 3 weeks later...
Gotta go with the Dunwich building too. I made the mistake of playing that at like 2:00 in the morning in a Canadian winter, the ones where it's pitch black outside and the wind howls like a scream every once and a while. :sad: Edited by Lokor

Personally, a good handful of things got under my skin. Hell, if you’re gonna role play, I say go all the way.

The Vault 112 simulation made me think about being imprisoned for 200 years with no hope of escape; at the mercy of the whims of a madman (reminds me of that famous Twilight Zone episode parodied by The Simpsons.) When you first enter V112, the vault looks nice enough but there’s an eerie feeling that something is very, very wrong. And when you arrive at Tranquillity Lane and stay for a few minuets, the nightmare dawns on you. That poor woman “Dithers” must’ve been in agony.

I’ll also put in a word for the Abominations from Mothership Zeta. That blank face and that roar and pointing like the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers combined with their history. Damn horrible stuff, and one of the best moments from my least favourite DLC.

Finally, that grim feeling from The Pitt. I won’t go into too much detail, but the moral ambiguity of the situation combined with a sort of punk music meets Children of Men environment was really effective. Not exactly crapping my pants stuff, but it left me with a lot of stimulating emotions.

The hallucinations in Vault 106? I can't remember.

Also, the sacred bog in Point lookout, with all the "Limited Edition Vault Tech Bobbleheads" -

When I noticed a glowing red knife, and the HUGE pin and string going in and out of the ground :P followed by Mr Break - The Mr Burke look-alike character with Tobars voice

I SWEAR, I kept cursing at that, and didn't want to look at it. I have a natural repulsion for hallucinations. It's really complicated, it's something in my mind. But... never mind.

Anyway: the creepiest moment? Mmh, let me think.

*Thinks.*

*Thinks.*

*Thinks.*

Wait. I don't think. But I guess the most creepiest moment was THIS.

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4985/screenshot1761.png

No, really, I mean... Did you see that?

• 2 weeks later...