AWLS mod vs Illumination Within Revived mod

VGI

[...]

These mods should not be used together as they conflict.

Just one clarification, other than that InAComaDial999 is pretty much spot on. The two mods do not directly conflict and can be used alongside each other. The only advantage of running both IWR and AWLS side by side is you get "real light" sources from the windows for most vanilla buildings, and AWLS will handle adding a "lit" or fake light mesh to any mod added building or any building IWR missed. It's rather redundant but will not cause any problems.

[...]

These mods should not be used together as they conflict.

Just one clarification, other than that InAComaDial999 is pretty much spot on. The two mods do not directly conflict and can be used alongside each other. The only advantage of running both IWR and AWLS side by side is you get "real light" sources from the windows for most vanilla buildings, and AWLS will handle adding a "lit" or fake light mesh to any mod added building or any building IWR missed. It's rather redundant but will not cause any problems.

How about these mods:

Natural Environments by Kibosh and Weather - All Natural

Would you have any input? These are rather...more popular than AWLS and IWR.

You might want to check out this thread.

Edited by VGI

Those are both weather mods; they don't do anything that AWLS or IWR do so they're both compatible with either of those.

If you want a modded weather system in Oblivion, I would personally recommend All Natural. It's the most up-to-date of all the weather mods available and has the most advanced features. The only thing is it's a little tricky to install; I highly recommend using OBMM to install because I tried to install it manually before and I messed up.

Natural Environments is very nice; the custom sky textures it comes with a really lovely. However it hasn't been updated for over 3 years so it has compatibility issues with a lot of more recent mods. I did try before, and I used it for a while but unfortunately there were a lot of problems with it (such as experiencing rain and snow in interior cells, very bad).

If you do not want to use NE but you like the sky textures, you can just take the textures and use them with All Natural (it's fully compatible with any custom sky textures you want to use). :)

In addition to the above, I use the Real Light mod for indoor lighting - the light now actually seems to COME from the lights, not look like a floodlit room

I switched from IWR to AWLS a few days back. Haven't really noticed the difference yet...then again I haven't even really played the game yet to notice any differences, hah!

Eh. I don't know about that beautification thread. Unless you have a BEAST of a graphics card carls texture pack is going to be like trying to literally s*** a brick in conjunction with those other mods. . . And theres no mention what so ever of system requirements.

Proceed with caution.

Eh. I don't know about that beautification thread. Unless you have a BEAST of a graphics card carls texture pack is going to be like trying to literally s*** a brick in conjunction with those other mods. . . And theres no mention what so ever of system requirements.

Proceed with caution.

I am.

The lowest hit versi9on of Qarl's texture Pack is the Reduced and redimized version. That has four install options depending on the reduction of texture size you select, so grab it, and start with the highest compression and see how that affects the game. Install the less compressed textures and try again, and so on. If it gets laggy, go back to the previous selection. If QTP3 reduced won't work for you, the full thing CERTAINLY won't

The lowest hit versi9on of Qarl's texture Pack is the Reduced and redimized version. That has four install options depending on the reduction of texture size you select, so grab it, and start with the highest compression and see how that affects the game. Install the less compressed textures and try again, and so on. If it gets laggy, go back to the previous selection. If QTP3 reduced won't work for you, the full thing CERTAINLY won't

I've been with the full thing since the start. I actually chose it from the get-go and its ok, no undesired effects in my case.