Arthur Natural Environments v2 9 7 vs Kibosh Natural Environments

VGI

A similar thread is in the Steam Oblivion Forum.

Arthur Natural Environments v2 9 7 vs Kibosh Natural Environments

Kibosh has an ASTOUNDING 1511 endorsement.

Arthur has only 52.

So, why da HECK is Arthur Natural Environments v2 9 7 the one endorsed in the Beautifying Oblivion the Complete Guide

I have followed the Guide, hence I have Arthur's. Its file size is bigger, but the endorsement really is making me think of taking out Arthur's, and putting in Kibosh.

Should I replace Arthur's with Kibosh's?

Or will Kibosh's work with Arthur's?

Edited by VGI

First, that thread you are referring to is outdated and inaccurate in many cases. Second, you should avoid all versions of Natural Weather, a component of Natural Environments. Natural Weather is notoriously the most buggy weather mod available and at this point there is absolutely no reason to use it. Weather All Natural is the most updated and advanced weather mod to date, and for the forseeable future. I strongly recommend it. If, for whatever reason, you decide against All Natural I suggest Enhanced Weather, a very good alternative.

First, that thread you are referring to is outdated and inaccurate in many cases. Second, you should avoid all versions of Natural Weather, a component of Natural Environments. Natural Weather is notoriously the most buggy weather mod available and at this point there is absolutely no reason to use it. Weather All Natural is the most updated and advanced weather mod to date, and for the forseeable future. I strongly recommend it. If, for whatever reason, you decide against All Natural I suggest Enhanced Weather, a very good alternative.

Weather All Natural is intriguing. I like the idea of the interior weather sounds. And its got a good amount of endorsement. Nowhere near the amount of endorsement of Kibosh Natural Environments though.

So, between KNE and WAN, which is best?

BTW, I am using environmental texture improvement mods that touches on the textures of windows. Will Weather All Natural conflict with these, considering that Weather All Natural will make the texture of windows transparent. Also, if the windows are transparent, can you see people outside?

Edited by VGI

What you see from the inside is the outside static landscape, not the people. Weather All Natural sets the weather outside, The addon to give interior effects looks at the outside weather and approximates it for inside.

What you see from the inside is the outside static landscape, not the people. Weather All Natural sets the weather outside, The addon to give interior effects looks at the outside weather and approximates it for inside.

Soooo.......uhm.....I've watched the videos. I'm pretty impressed. I knew that the people won't be seen, so in terms of realism, this mod is limited to the weather and time of day. Oh well.

Why prefer this over Kibosh's and Arthur's?

PS: As we speak, I am downloading the main file for Weather - All Natural. Kibosh still intrigues me...rainbows, you know. But if I use Kibosh's, I may have to deactivate Improved Trees & Flora 2 as Kibosh's improves on the TES4 plant life already...with insects and bugs too.

Edited by VGI

Kibosh still intrigues me...rainbows, you know. But if I use Kibosh's, I may have to deactivate Improved Trees & Flora 2 as Kibosh's improves on the TES4 plant life already...with insects and bugs too.

Some of the components of Kibosh's mod are outdated or just plain don't work well. You can use some of it, just not all of it. If you're looking for the best improvements you can find that are all going to work together, here's what I recommend. You already have some of it.

Improved Trees & Flora

Improved Trees & Flora 2

Enhanced Waters v2.0 HDMI

Enhanced Vegetation

Rainbows in Tamriel

Beaming Sunglare

Real Night Sky

Storms & Sound

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp (you can get this esp in either Arthur or Kibosh's mod, I believe)

Along with the aforementioned All Natural weather mod, and Advanced Window Lighting System. If you choose not to use All Natural for whatever reason -- I see from your other thread you're having some issues with Wrye Bash -- then substitute Enhanced Weather instead. It's a bit less complicated and doesn't require Bash.

All those mods will work together seamlessly. I use them all in my own game.

Kibosh still intrigues me...rainbows, you know. But if I use Kibosh's, I may have to deactivate Improved Trees & Flora 2 as Kibosh's improves on the TES4 plant life already...with insects and bugs too.

Some of the components of Kibosh's mod are outdated or just plain don't work well. You can use some of it, just not all of it. If you're looking for the best improvements you can find that are all going to work together, here's what I recommend. You already have some of it.

Improved Trees & Flora

Improved Trees & Flora 2

Enhanced Waters v2.0 HDMI

Enhanced Vegetation

Rainbows in Tamriel

Beaming Sunglare

Real Night Sky

Storms & Sound

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp (you can get this esp in either Arthur or Kibosh's mod, I believe)

Along with the aforementioned All Natural weather mod, and Advanced Window Lighting System. If you choose not to use All Natural for whatever reason -- I see from your other thread you're having some issues with Wrye Bash -- then substitute Enhanced Weather instead. It's a bit less complicated and doesn't require Bash.

All those mods will work together seamlessly. I use them all in my own game.

I have a question about Improved Trees and Flora: I believe that when I made the omod file for this, I unzipped all three zipped files from Improved Trees & Flora and

Improved Trees & Flora 2 under one directory, and used that directory in the "Add folder" category of OBMM's "Create" function to make the ITF omod.

Did I do it right, or should I create an omod for each of the three zip files?

I got Wrye Bash successfully installed.

UPDATE: I decided to make three omod files; one for each zip file of ITF mod. Deactivated and deleted first ITF omod file and applying the 3 asap.

Edited by VGI

I have Weather - All Natural in my OBMM. They aren't active yet as I am yet to figure out what this means:

5. Rebuild your Bashed Patch, selecting “Import Cells” from “All Natural.esp”. If you have installed them, also select “Import Cells” from “All Natural – SI.esp” and “All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp”.

Can anyone help? The above is from the Readme file of Weather - All Natural.

Weather - All Natural is such a huge mod for the weather. I think Arthur's, though reputed to have bugs (they say) is a whole lot simpler, at 7MB.

Readme file for installing Weather - All Natural using OBMM:

Installation Using Oblivion Mod Manager:

1. Uninstall any previous version of All Natural or any of the supported mods (Natural Interiors, Real Lights, Natural Weather, Enhanced Weather, AWS) that are installed.

2. Create the .omod in OBMM using the provided .omod conversion data.

3. Activate All Natural with OBMM and follow the messages.

4. Place the .esps in the correct load order (see the Load Order section).

5. Rebuild your Bashed Patch, selecting “Import Cells” from “All Natural.esp”. If you have installed them, also select “Import Cells” from “All Natural – SI.esp” and “All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp”.

Regardless of how you install All Natural, whether it be OBMM, BAIN, or Manual, it still requires the use of Wrye Bash and a Bashed Patch to function correctly. That's why the very first line on the Weather - All Natural page says... "All Natural requires Wrye Bash v287 and OBSE 0019b or greater!"

The step(s) you're referring to are instructing you how to properly include All Natural within your Bashed Patch. If you are not sure how to build a Bashed Patch you need to follow the link(s) posted on the Wrye Bash page (and one of your other similar threads I replied to) and read and follow the Wrye Bash ReadMe and the Pictorial Guide.

Regardless of how you install All Natural, whether it be OBMM, BAIN, or Manual, it still requires the use of Wrye Bash and a Bashed Patch to function correctly. That's why the very first line on the Weather - All Natural page says... "All Natural requires Wrye Bash v287 and OBSE 0019b or greater!"

The step(s) you're referring to are instructing you how to properly include All Natural within your Bashed Patch. If you are not sure how to build a Bashed Patch you need to follow the link(s) posted on the Wrye Bash page (and one of your other similar threads I replied to) and read and follow the Wrye Bash ReadMe and the Pictorial Guide.

This would have been great. But by step #3, it lost me.

There is no "Import Cells" option.

There is no "Merge Patches" option.

There is no "Select All" option on the right.

There is no....ugh.

Insufficient/Confusing/Incomplete/Disorganized ....error error error.....

UPDATE: Think I got it...and its BLOODY 4:22 in the A.M.!!!!! :wacko:

UPDATE: I got it working, learned to Bash Patch, Import Cells, etc. Thanks for the pictorial tutorials.

But now I have a concern: Is it me, or are the NPCs in cities, particularly in inns too friendly? I come in, they all get up and greet me. I run upstairs, then go downstairs, and some of them...er....react as if there was a thief in the premises. Was it me?

Edited by VGI