New patch?

Maelora

• 3 weeks later...

I use the self updating tool: DAIToolsSuite_Loader 1.0

There is a new version of Mod Manager: v0.53

I saw so many people talk about how a new patch nuked thier games, so I took the advice to copy the patch and put it some place safe. I also tried the really confusing way to get patch 6 fixed: http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/317dkg/no_spoilersannouncement_how_to_run_mods_with/

It did not work; too complicated, so I went looking for an easier way:

http://daitools.freeforums.org/tutorials-and-q-a-f13.html

I can't remember exactly how I found the DAIToolsSuite_Loader 1.0, but I think I must have registered and did a search for the Mod Manager.

OK. I think I replaced the new patch and ran the new Mod Manager v0.53 (after installing the DAIToolsSuite_Loader 1.0). It makes a new folder: Patch_ModManagerMerge in your Update folder.

Have not run the update tool to see if the Mod Manager has been updated for the newest patch.

Wish I could remember more about how I did all this...If I can try to help just let me know

Cool Beans

• 2 weeks later...

they just did a patch 8/10/2015 and now the game wont start while modded. and I havent been able to get into the black marker for a week. the mod manager says the official patch is 10 now

The official Patch is "9". The official internal game version number (for PC) is "1.0.0.10".

(There was a hotfix patch for PCs after P2 that means the version number is now always one more than the Patch Number.)

This is what I did to get it to work with mods
Backed up old Patch folder
Updated
Repaired
Backed up new Patch folder
ModManger 0.53 alpha
deleted patch.daimod file
Merged mods
replace Patch folder with new modded patch
Play
Do a dance if it worked

Ps only got these mods
Elfbangs
HumanFskyholdbluesilver jammies
More Inquisition Levels
More Loot Flex Crafting
The Right Stuff
War Table More Rewarding
Wedge Bob
Using all DLC except Descent as not out yet​

• 5 weeks later...

What a pain. All this makes me sad and not want to play the game. Or at least wait a couple years till no more patches, then play....

Why do you think they made it so mode unfriendly? Is it that consoles dominate and pc is a small percentage of profit?

You cant use NMM and have to assume your game will break and have to restart on each patch I guess?