I want to see Ents

HoneyBearSquish

An Ents mod? It should be doable, though the character may be unwieldy.

It cannot don any armor, would have difficulty entering buildings (due to its height and girth),

and its branches/twigs/leaves would not animate (except for the limbs).

I think MMM has Ents: Forest Ents and Twisted Ents.:cool:

But if you want a tree that walks and looks like a person,

then you already have them in your game!

They are called Spryggans! :biggrin:

Ents themselves are very doable, and could fit on many skeletons. The only problem is that if you're going for the Lord of the Rings kind (assuming Peter Jackson version), then while you can easily get them ingame, the problem is that when you see one, it'll be very jarring.

As you know, the ents are very slow, and if I remember right, the animations play at the same speed, meaning that even if you slow an ent down speedwise, it'll still be moving its body fairly quickly, which, as mentioned, is quite jarring.

Essentially, doable? Yes. Doable AND believable? Not really, unless someone's willing to prove me wrong. XD

Precisely! That's why I said the Ents would be unwieldy.

Even if we slow them down, and somehow slow down their animations (something like that bullet camera mods), it would be jerky and jarring, not to mention possibly glitchy, due to its scripts working overtime to work against the vanilla animation behavior.

The Ents might look cool for a while, but you cannot really enjoy them for a long time, especially if you are thinking of a playable Ent race.

That said, I would love to see some of MMM Ents (or hopefully even better Ents with differentiable male/female Ent visuals and AI) starring in an Ent war in one of the MERP lands!

An army of Ents marching to war, their gnarled roots raising dust and plowing through forests and throwing big boulders on their enemies as if they were tiny pebbles. And some archers shooting fire arrows at the Ents and some of the poor Ents on fire, running around setting other nearby Ents on fire.

LOL, yes, it is like the LOTR movies and game, but it would be fun to see it all in first-person camera and record a fantastic video of the Ent war!!

You'd need to use something like 3DS Max to take the existing animations and make them take more frames - currently 1 second is thirty frsmes. Importing and exporting them is apparently not too hard. That would give you more realistic speeds.

Tossing boulders needs a custom animation (obviously) which goes from slow to very fast, or maybe something more like a Bugs Bunny cartoon tree-catapult action in the movement.

Regarding the speed of ents, you can set the creature's speed in the CS to a very low value. I doubt all creatures in Oblivion moves at the same speed. Just take mudcrabs as an example. They move at the speed of a turtle while rats who are also small move much faster. I think Spriggans and ghosts also move slower than others of it's size.

Regarding the speed of ents, you can set the creature's speed in the CS to a very low value. I doubt all creatures in Oblivion moves at the same speed. Just take mudcrabs as an example. They move at the speed of a turtle while rats who are also small move much faster. I think Spriggans and ghosts also move slower than others of it's size.

Not really ent looking just a retexture of a spriggan

Druid Mod

Let me be specific i want the cool looking peter jackson LOTR films ents tall long legs highly detailed striding through the forest especially treebeard he is the best looking one to me also i want them to have entwives i found it very sad that the ents lost allo thier wives i want to see them together again maybey in their own massive garden/forest