FCOM CONTINUED

joshl1984

Hey thanks to those who replied to my last post i guess i have been out of the loop for a while because i wasn't aware that the fcom or (oblivion for that matter) was still popular. Anyway i successfully downloaded and installed fcom and a decent amount of other mods and surprisingly i had no trouble whatsoever. cool right? so then my stupid computer got some viruses and i had to reformat the entire thing (it was overdue for a reformat wnyway). so about five or six months pass by and i decide to install obliv and fcom again except this time it doesn't go very smooth at all whatsoever. :( i was kind of wondering if there is a website or a forum thread where i can look at step by step instructions for laymen or dummies like me i have already been to these two websites: fcom by devnull and first time users guide

which are very helpfull by the way BUT some of the links included on these pages are broken anyway i appreciate any advice help or just comments would be helpful thanks and happy modding!

If you want an almost idiotproof install of FCOM and a lot of related stuff, try the FCOM Superpack. Look down for the Oblivion install stuff, grab the v4 and 4.01 patch, and install them. You are stuck with someone else's choice of addons, but it seems to work pretty much out-of-the-box if you do exactly as it tells you with Wrye Bash.

hey thanks i appreciate it i will try that i'll let you know if it works. and for the person up above that asked what fcom is it is a conglomeration of three or (four?) of the biggest oblivion mods out there it pretty much changes the entire gaming experience its pretty cool but it is VERY difficult to install.

Bear in mind that the FCOM superpack is ONE guy's idea of how to do it. Personally I prefer a few other mods in place of his selections, so I use OMOD versions of OOO & MMM, add frans to that, and then run uFCOM which is an OMOD version of FCOM and does a lot of autoinstalling