How do you run Wrye Bash?

VGI

from Wrye Bash's description

nstallation/Warning! Wrye Bash is rather complicated. If you figure that you'll just download it, double click the pretty exe file, and figure it out, you will FAIL! (Because there is no exe file, pretty or otherwise.)

as for what to do, from the same description

You should at least read the Installation Instructions in the archive\mopy\Wrye Bash.html in order to install and run Wrye Bash

it's clear that you didn't do this (not judging, just stating a fact)

Wrye Bash runs using Python, which you need to get

read the readme, and follow the installation instructions to the letter

if you do this and it still doesn't work, then go ask for help (or if you don't understand what you are reading)

from Wrye Bash's description

nstallation/Warning! Wrye Bash is rather complicated. If you figure that you'll just download it, double click the pretty exe file, and figure it out, you will FAIL! (Because there is no exe file, pretty or otherwise.)

as for what to do, from the same description

You should at least read the Installation Instructions in the archive\mopy\Wrye Bash.html in order to install and run Wrye Bash

it's clear that you didn't do this (not judging, just stating a fact)

Wrye Bash runs using Python, which you need to get

read the readme, and follow the installation instructions to the letter

if you do this and it still doesn't work, then go ask for help (or if you don't understand what you are reading)

1. When I downloaded the Installation file, it didn't have any readme files to read, html or otherwise.

Readme: Is included in the download ( Mopy/WryeBash.html)

I expected to find one, but as per my experience with TES4 modding (installing mods), many times, instructions are lacking or not clear enough.

2. So, I ran the installer, and without me being informed beforehand, the installer tells me that at least 4 other required things were needed to run. I noticed that in COMODO, the installer was downloading things. I surmised that it was these 5 other things it was downloading. So I waited for it to finish downloading.

3. I finish installing, then the readme is there, just like it said, in the mopy directory.

4. I have now uninstalled, and am installing again. It would have been a whole lot easier if the instructions were part of the description in its TESNEXUS page. Its just a simple "copy and paste" by the author.

PS: 5. Not everyone are as experienced or techy (software) smart as some. I am someone who could be smart enough, even more. Heck, I can even brush up on my 3D modelling skills if I wanted to. But I prefer not to because I rather play than do some very extensive and time-consuming modding (installation and research and vice versa). My time is rather...short ever since after college...and ever since after college, I no longer have access to software such as 3DMax, Maya, Flash, Adobe stuff (except PS), etc.

I got TES4 from Steam last Christmas season. Downloaded it a few weeks ago. I haven't really played it yet. I downloaded Metro 2033 afterwards and I have already finished it, and still I am not done with installing mods upon mods and testing them. Which mod is better? Will it work? etc...

*Sigh*

Edited by VGI

well, if you have the readme file now, then read it now, and follow it

i can't tell you how to install this, as i just don't remember how i did it

i installed Wrye Bash a really long time ago, so i really don't remember the exact process

however, after a few moments of scanning through the description, and following a few links, i was able to find this page

read it carefully, as it should have all the information that you need

well, if you have the readme file now, then read it now, and follow it

i can't tell you how to install this, as i just don't remember how i did it

i installed Wrye Bash a really long time ago, so i really don't remember the exact process

however, after a few moments of scanning through the description, and following a few links, i was able to find this page

read it carefully, as it should have all the information that you need

The things this installer is downloading is...weird. Once the download is complete, another "python" related software attempts to install, but more requirements are required but can't be found, and I end up with no choice but to cancel it, and the installer continues to install.

Select all components, then select the temporary install directory and click "Install". Upon doing so, installers for selected components will be unzipped and run in sequence. It's best to accept the default settings for each installer.

The quote above actually does not happen. What default settings? Ah well.

UPDATE:

Ok, I think I'm getting it...but still haven't successfully installed this darn thing.

It says here, under files -> Wrye Python 03a, that:

Update to Wyre Python 03 - should fix problems with wxPython not installing automatically on some systems. Let us know if it doesn't.

That is just an update? I made a mistake of almost installing this after Wrye Bash and it looked like an installer to me. Is it really just an update?

Edited by VGI

Got it to work.

Here are the steps:

1: Download and install Wrye Python here.

2. Download and install update to Wrye Python here. It is called Wrye Python 03a under the "Files" tab.

3. Download and install Wrye Bash here. I chose the Wrye Bash 291 Installer Version. Also under the "Files" tab.

Edited by VGI

Got it to work.

Here are the steps:

1: Download and install Wrye Python here.

2. Download and install update to Wrye Python here. It is called Wrye Python 03a under the "Files" tab.

3. Download and install Wrye Bash here. I chose the Wrye Bash 291 Installer Version. Also under the "Files" tab.

You can skip step #1, it's not necessary. Everything you need, regarding Python, is included in Wrye Python 03a. So it's really as simple as, yes I know hindsight is 20/20, installing two EXEs; first Wrye Python 03a followed by the Wrye Bash v291 Installer. After that create a shortcut for the Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw (located @ <Installation Path\Oblivion\Mopy>) and you're good to go. Make sure you check out the Wrye Bash ReadMe (HTML file @ Oblivion\Mopy directory) and the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide for Newbies, also linked from the Wrye Bash TESNexus page, as these documents contain very valuable information that everyone needs to know in order to successfully, and properly, use the many features of Wrye Bash.

Good luck.

You can skip step #1, it's not necessary. Everything you need, regarding Python, is included in Wrye Python 03a. So it's really as simple as, yes I know hindsight is 20/20, installing two EXEs; first Wrye Python 03a followed by the Wrye Bash v291 Installer.

Dammit! I knew it! I just had a feeling that that was so!

Ugh!

This is what I mean by insufficient instructions!

So, Python 2.5 and 2.6 are installed. Could I delete Python 2.5?

You can skip step #1, it's not necessary. Everything you need, regarding Python, is included in Wrye Python 03a. So it's really as simple as, yes I know hindsight is 20/20, installing two EXEs; first Wrye Python 03a followed by the Wrye Bash v291 Installer.

Dammit! I knew it! I just had a feeling that that was so!

Ugh!

This is what I mean by insufficient instructions!

So, Python 2.5 and 2.6 are installed. Could I delete Python 2.5?

Yes.

Check first if there is an uninstaller in your Add/Remove Programs before simply deleting directories.