Making Havok ragdolls in Blender (tutorial)

baduk

Oh, that is a nice tutorial, thank you very much Baduk! I am not that knowledgable yet, but basicly could you create moving cloth with it? Say, tapestries that fly away, when you move through them or cast spells? Edited by Nadimos

Hi!

No its just for making the ragdoll like dead bodies, teddybear, various clothing ground objects u got in vanilla game.

I have not tried it but i think it is a simple matter to use this process to make havok animated statics, like the ropes and vines in oblivion, and the swinging engine traps in fallout. U just change the havok settings for the colision objects and maybe you need to add some editor marker thingy, u can see it in the oblivion nifs like the havok vines one.

Also you dont necessarily have to use bhkcapsuleshape either, i looked at one of the oblivion havok vine nifs and it had box shapes on it. That would let you make cool stuff like stuff dangling from the celing or swaying rope bridges.

I dont know how to add the bonelodcontroller and nitransforminterpolaters that you need to make it have keyframed movement, but thats what you need if you want to animate the armature like making a creature skeleton. I dont know how it works tho, maybe when a creature dies the skeleton automatically changes its motion system from keyframed to clutter or whatever.

Eventually i will be looking into that but i gotta stick to the projects at hand as much as i can. im pretty slow in getting my mods done.