Wrye Bash help

Lehcar

Hello,

I think it is already explained in the site but try this link: http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/?page=wrye_bash.

Some advices (as it runs well for me):

- Download the WB 291 version instead of the 275's one;

- Download http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-win32-ansi-2.8.11.0-py26.exe as well (install Python and its dependencies on ProgramFiles x86 even with a 64-bits OS...again this install works on my computer but you are free to test another version of this file;

- Read the Readme file (very useful I guess :) ).

Bye

Can anyone give me exact instructions for installing Bash and getting it started? :(

1. Acquire Wrye Python 03a and Wrye Bash 291 self-installer.
  2. Install Wrye Python first.
  3. Then install Wrye Bash.

If you are running on Win 7 or Vista and have installed Oblivion in c:\Program Files or c:\Program Files (x86) then you are likely to have permissions problems. The obvious solution is to reinstall your Oblivion somewhere else (and reinstall your Wrye Bash with it). If for some reason you can't do that, you can try going into the Properties for c:\Python26\pythonw.exe and setting it to "Run as administrator" - it has worked for some people, and not for others.

Lehcar, if you're stilling having problems check out How do you run Wrye Bash?. Skip to page two and locate the post I just made with the heading "Saga of a Frustrated Would-Be Wrye Bash User".

I've been trying for weeks to get Wrye Bash to run and finally just gave up, uninstalled it and all its dependencies and started all over, documenting every single step along the way. It's a little verbose, but stick with it and follow your own progress in the installation, comparing with mine. I managed to get it to work, and I've failed multiple times on two different computers in the past.