Question about Enhanced Vegetation, Better Cities, and 2 other mods...

Rawesyn

Ok, currently I have QTP 3 and Natural Environments installed. How do I install enhanced vegetation? When I dl'ed the mod, it didn't give me an esp file, just a textures folder, and theres nothing indicating which is the high res file (I want the best possible one). Also, with Better Cities, what files am I downloading exactly? I would assume the biggest one, but what other one? Thanks, I've installed many mods before but I see no direction with these >.<

For some mods, you need to download more than one file in order to get all the components needed for the mod to run correctly. Mod authors sometimes package different pieces of the mod separately because the Nexus can only accept files up to a certain size, and also because they know people don't want to spend an hour downloading a zip file that's packed full of 18 different resolution options when they only wanted the low-res textures.

For Enhanced Vegetation, you need to download 2 files. Go back to that mod's description and click the Files tab again. You'll see four boxes that each contain a file. Two are listed under "Main Files" and underneath that are two "Optional Files"

Under Main Files, you want the one that's called Enhanced Vegetation - Plugins v1dot1. It's on the right hand side with a description that says: "Plugin files - OMOD-ready archive." That archive contains the esp files you're looking for.

Then, under Optional Files, the one on the left says Enhanced Vegetation - High Res Textures v1dot1. The description is: "High res textures - OMOD-ready archive." Grab that one too if you haven't already downloaded it. That's the high res textures.

The other two files are the normal res and the low res textures. You don't need to download those.

I seriously need some coffee. I'll be back in a few to explain Better Cities if nobody's gotten to you yet.

Rawesyn - "Conflict" in the case of graphical mods probably means "About to change one texture for a different one, hopefully higher resolution". If you have QTP3 installed that has added new textures to replace some of the vegetation. Strangely enough, Enhanced Vegetation might just be trying to do the same. That's a conflict - two files named the same and one wanting to overwrite the other.

If you have Better Cities, and Unique Landscapes, sometimes they both affect the same bit of ground. Again, that's a conflict. In the case of BC and UL, there are compatibility patches where the modders have got together and agreed a compromise, and made a patch to adjust the clash. That patch will, of course, conflict with both mods.