Game freezes upon exit

jallard

I am having a problem with the game not shutting down properly. Whenever I select exit the game shuts starts to close, but then freezes or something. The only way to shut the game down entirely is to control>alt>delete. This happens about 9 out of 10 times.

Probably something to do with the Steam app. not letting it close properly. I'm sure I read about this before somewhere else here. If I can find it again I'll come back and post a link.

Thanks

I've had similar problems, as Herculine suggests the culprit seems to be Steam. In my case Steam somehow crashes silently whenever I exit NV though the menus and tries to send an error report that gets blocked by my firewall, which leads to the freezing problem.

Try exiting the game by opening the console and using the qqq command, this will let you exit directly without going through the menus and solved the problem for me.

I've had similar problems, as Herculine suggests the culprit seems to be Steam. In my case Steam somehow crashes silently whenever I exit NV though the menus and tries to send an error report that gets blocked by my firewall, which leads to the freezing problem.

Try exiting the game by opening the console and using the qqq command, this will let you exit directly without going through the menus and solved the problem for me.

I never thought of that. Thank you.