Can Oblivion Graphics Extender v2 be turned into an omod file?

VGI

How to answer the question yourself:

Look in the readme and the downloaded folder structure.

(1) If the files are already located in a structure that starts with the data folder, then yes - just make the OMOD.

(2) If the files are all designed to do into a subdirectory of Data, then yes but you'll need to create the Data folder and the subfolders, move the files, THEN make the OMOD.

(3) If the files go someplace else outside the data folder, then probably NOT good to try and make an OMOD.

That should answer the question.

How to answer the question yourself:

Look in the readme and the downloaded folder structure.

(1) If the files are already located in a structure that starts with the data folder, then yes - just make the OMOD.

(2) If the files are all designed to do into a subdirectory of Data, then yes but you'll need to create the Data folder and the subfolders, move the files, THEN make the OMOD.

(3) If the files go someplace else outside the data folder, then probably NOT good to try and make an OMOD.

That should answer the question.

Here's what it says:

Extract the contents of the OBGEv2 Core package to your Oblivion\Data directory. Answer yes to any merge or overwrite prompts.

So, going with your #2 answer...I'll have to make a new folder, name it "Data" and put all the stuff extracted from the zip file into it and then make the omod using OBMM?

PS: If that is the case...then I may have been wrong in making my omods...but then they all seem to work as intended...

Just a question: Is it completely necessary or is it just a precaution to put the files in a folder named Data before creating the omod?

PPS: I could also just install it manually, its easy enough.

Edited by VGI

If you put stuff in a folder marked Data, and the structure for the files looks right afterwards, then OBMM makes less mistakes when creating OMODs. If it goes wrong, you sometimes get a "Data" folder INSIDE the real "Data" folder and the contents of it have no effect.

If in doubt, assume the PC is an idiot, and make it as simple as possible for it to do its job

From looking at the files, the core components look like they are supposed to go into the main Oblivion folder. The other download stuff looks like it should into into the Data folder, as you have the usual Textures, etc, folders. I could be wrong, I don't use it myself yet. Hunt down the install instructions and read them.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

I routinely convert all my mods to "omod-ready" condition. It's remarkably easy and simply involves creating the necessary folder hierarchy and placing all the components into the correct folders, and then zipping up with 7zip. If all the components reside in the Data folder or one of its subdirectories, then, yes, create a Data folder, file everything in the proper places within it, 7zip it, and rename the .7z file to the name of the mod.

If something, for whatever reason, goes into the Oblivion folder, but is outside the Data folder, then you should put the Data folder inside an Oblivion folder. OBMM is actually smart enough to not need a Data folder if everything in the mod goes into the Data folder, but it doesn't hurt to be thorough and systematic by including all relevant directories. When I was first doing this, in fact, my S.O.P. was to have everything in an Oblivion folder, by default, even if all I really needed was a Data folder. As long as you have a valid folder hierarchy within the .7z file, OBMM should sort things out properly.

Regarding ENBSeries, Vorontsov Boris, the developer of that mod, may be the best person to query about that. Both of these mods change a lot of things and it's quite possible that they may conflict with each other. He would likely know, and since he updated his website this month I imagine he's still around. Frankly, though, this is going to seriously impact your game in ways that you might not like. It has a history of killing fps, and I mean dropping fps from the 40s and even 60s down into the 20s and even teens. I think you're better off with just OBGE unless you have a VERY high-end machine, and even then you'd probably be best going with old tried-and-true, OBGE.

Bloody Hell! When using OBGEv2, you have to be the one to set the settings...as in ALL THE SETTINGS...So far, I haven't seen any difference!

GAH!!!

I don't think this bloody thing is working. :confused:

Manually installing this thing. If it doesn't work, I'm moving on...hopefully.

Edited by VGI

UPDATE:

Yes, yes it can. I got it working as an omod. Its support plugin and the godray fix are also omods.

Its working, graphically speaking, I'm playing Oblivion like its Crysis or Metro 2033.

May a moderator lock this thread.

• 5 months later...

UPDATE:

Yes, yes it can. I got it working as an omod. Its support plugin and the godray fix are also omods.

Its working, graphically speaking, I'm playing Oblivion like its Crysis or Metro 2033.

May a moderator lock this thread.

How did you do it, I know its an old thread but how?