Enchanted Ayleid Wells

GingerTom

I would like to see an Ayleid Wells mod that would top up your enchanted equipment as you travel around--the well would then be drained dry for a period of time--one week is good. (I'm a warrior.) I know that ROM mod has it included but that mod is toooo hard on my character--and my head.

Thank you.

Arcana Restored deals with the magicka essence fountains, or whatever they're called, which are found in Oblivion planes. It doesn't affect the Ayleid Wells in Cyrodiil, which is what GingerTom was asking for.

Arcana Restored deals with the magicka essence fountains, or whatever they're called, which are found in Oblivion planes. It doesn't affect the Ayleid Wells in Cyrodiil, which is what GingerTom was asking for.

Well , I'm sure he would be happy with something that does something similar if he does not find what he is looking for specifically.

Perhaps, but there's a BIG difference between those mana fountains and Ayleid wells. In the first place you can usually just walk up to an Ayleid well, unhindered, and use one. To get to a mana fountain you have to fight your way through an Oblivion plane. Secondly, maybe she's like me and doesn't do the main quest or even trigger the first Oblivion Gate to open up.

I do remember seeing a mod, somewhere, that made Ayleid wells recharge either Magicka or items ... maybe both. I haven't had a chance, yet, to search for it, but I'd suggest beginning your search right here and just type "ayleid well" into the mod description field. You might also try common misspellings of ayleid, like aylied, and aylid, and there're a couple more I've seen but can't remember off the top of my head. A Google search on "oblivion ayleid well recharge" might well get you to the mod more quickly, since the Google 'bot crawls everywhere, including places it's specifically not supposed to go, but we won't talk about that, here.

Perhaps, but there's a BIG difference between those mana fountains and Ayleid wells. In the first place you can usually just walk up to an Ayleid well, unhindered, and use one. To get to a mana fountain you have to fight your way through an Oblivion plane. Secondly, maybe she's like me and doesn't do the main quest or even trigger the first Oblivion Gate to open up.

I do remember seeing a mod, somewhere, that made Ayleid wells recharge either Magicka or items ... maybe both. I haven't had a chance, yet, to search for it, but I'd suggest beginning your search right here and just type "ayleid well" into the mod description field. You might also try common misspellings of ayleid, like aylied, and aylid, and there're a couple more I've seen but can't remember off the top of my head. A Google search on "oblivion ayleid well recharge" might well get you to the mod more quickly, since the Google 'bot crawls everywhere, including places it's specifically not supposed to go, but we won't talk about that, here.

Thanks , I know the difference between an Ayleid Well and a Magicka fountain , Ive played Oblivion http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif.

If you cant find what you are looking for , im sure I can write you up a script that will recharge your items.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know the difference, alonsomartinez. I was merely setting the stage for my explanation of why the mana fountains might not be a good option for GingerTom. I know they wouldn't be for me.

I found that mod. It's Enchantment Restore Over Time and makes magic items automatically recharge like they do in Morrowind. However, it also has a version which makes your restore rate increase when you're near an Ayleid well and completely recharges your items when you activate the well.

If all you're looking for is to use the well, this might be a good place to begin, if you're handy with the CS, since this mod already has that functionality.

From the mod description:

But now; if you have the book Arcana Restored, and a gold nugget;

your magical items will be recharged at Mana Fountains (Ayleid Wells)

The update adds the same functionality to the Magical Essence fountains in Oblivion worlds. :thumbsup:

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

@Ferryt: I've downloaded that and shall give it a try.

Oblivion I cut off with 'Main Quest Done'--once was enough and I had to use the ~ to get through it.

And, of course, I did try searching here before I posted but there was nothing--lots of 'Ayleid' or 'wells', though. :mellow:

EDIT: I'm going to try just using the 'well' esp and see if that works--that's the way I want it. (That way I have to go to it so it's not that easy.)

Edited by GingerTom

I wasn't aware that detail, The_Vyper, but was going from memory on a cursory read of the description from awhile ago.

GingerTom, I believe the "well" version of the mod I directed you to includes the auto-recharge of the non-well version, so if the well is ALL you want I think the mod that The_Vyper mentioned is probably the one you want to use. You just need to keep a gold nugget in your inventory (no idea if it's used up in the recharging process, though).