Err.... Oblivion won't start for me.

DIEDIEDIE765

Ok, so, a few days ago I installed a mod to expand Cyrodil's borders. After that, when I try to load up Oblivion, the window opens and then it just closes. I get no error messages, it just straight closes. So I tried reinstalling Oblivion, then installing all the mods I had before I downloaded that mod. Same problem. Then I deleted every single file I could find that had anything to do with Oblivion, reinstalled it, didn't install any mods, and I still get the same damn problem. It's driving me crazy. I've been playing the game for over a year now, and nothing like this has ever happened to me. It doesn't matter how I try to load it. I try uninstalling OBSE and running it, I try just opening Oblivion.exe, I try opening it through OBMM, nothing works. Does anybody know what the problem might be? Edited by DIEDIEDIE765

Ok, so, a few days ago I installed a mod to expand Cyrodil's borders. After that, when I try to load up Oblivion, the window opens and then it just closes. I get no error messages, it just straight closes. So I tried reinstalling Oblivion, then installing all the mods I had before I downloaded that mod. Same problem. Then I deleted every single file I could find that had anything to do with Oblivion, reinstalled it, didn't install any mods, and I still get the same damn problem. It's driving me crazy. I've been playing the game for over a year now, and nothing like this has ever happened to me. It doesn't matter how I try to load it. I try uninstalling OBSE and running it, I try just opening Oblivion.exe, I try opening it through OBMM, nothing works. Does anybody know what the problem might be?

Find the oblivion.ini file that lives near your save games under your My Documents folder somewhere. Delete it and allow oblivion to regenerate the ini file again.

Find the oblivion.ini file that lives near your save games under your My Documents folder somewhere. Delete it and allow oblivion to regenerate the ini file again.

Yeah, for some reason, after I reinstalled Shivering Isles, it started working again. So now I'm going to reinstall the mods I had one at a time and check after each one. Thanks anyway.