My computer won't be able to handle this.

DrunkenGamer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, Zaldiir! Norway is crazy expensive. When I visited, I was surprised at how much a Big Mac burger cost...

Anywho! If money is an issue, why not just get a console? You won't have any troubles running the game, AND it's much cheaper.

Because consoles have limited playing time. While we could probably throw a ton of hours into playing vanilla Skyrim, on the PC, with mods, you can just draw a little infinite sign where it says "Hours of play time:"

I would never suggest getting any TES Games on Console, as that takes away half the fun! :P

So: Work hard, and you will afford a good enough computer for Skyrim (+ Dragon Age 2!)

The first thing with upgrading is to spend as little as possible, i.e. buy new graphics card ( or two). It is much cheaper than buying a whole new computer. I make my own desktops, just buy the pieces and put them together myself, much less money, and better parts at times. A nvidia gtx 470 runs around 250 - 400. Plug it in and see how it does. You may have to upgrade other thing like processor or ram sometimes, that is even cheaper than graphics cards ( 20-60 ram).

If you want a new computer, don't buy at the store down the street, you get a lot of "extra" stuff you do not want. Go straight to the manufacturer online. My almost three year old Alienware is still kicking everyone in the balls through several upgrades tho.