Nosferatu: True Vampires ~ The Walking Dead

ddrdude

I posted this topic recently on another board, with little response thus far. TESNexus seems like a very active site, so I thought I'd try my luck here.

It has always bothered me that vampires are referred to in TES as the "undead," yet there is no indication that the individuals having contracted the condition ever actually died before succumbing to the dark influence.

The project I'm working on now seeks to make significant alterations to the way Vampirism works in Oblivion (aiming only to alter its effect on the player-character for the time being), however my knowledge of scripting is very limited, but rather than merely posting this in the Mod Requests section for someone else to undertake, I'm simply looking for some advice on how best to carry out my goals in this mod.

Here's a general overview of the primary goals of this project:

1. 'Porphyric Hemophilia' no longer lasts three days before converting to full vampirism upon slumber, but rather the condition remains constant from the moment the disease is contracted until it is either cured, or the player-character dies.

2. If the player-character dies while afflicted with 'Porphyric Hemophilia' the loading screen will not automatically appear, but rather the character will respawn as a full-fledged Vampire interred within a new crypt in the Imperial City.

3. After a sufficient number of vampire attacks, vampire-hunters will begin to appear around the player-character's crypt on a regular basis.

If you have any ideas on how best to accomplish any of the above points, the help would be greatly appreciated.

All the Best,

Matthew

You might prefer to make point (2) "... within a new crypt in the nearest city unless their fame is above XX" - why would they ship someone to the IC to bury unless they were VERY famous?

You might prefer to make point (2) "... within a new crypt in the nearest city unless their fame is above XX" - why would they ship someone to the IC to bury unless they were VERY famous?

If you have any suggestions on how best to accomplish that then I would be more than happy to oblige, otherwise I have no earthly idea how I would pull that off. ;-)

I do like the idea, though.