None of my mods work- Help

gh0stmedic

About a year ago I got into using these mods for my Oblivion, I caught on quick and had no issues. Present day... I have a new computer and was trying to get these mods for my oblivion again. Problem is... none of it is working and I don't remember what I did in the past to get this to work.

I have OBMM

I have Obse

I'm trying to install Rens beauty pack

HGEC_BODY_v1dot21-15802

Hi Rez skin textures for HGEC (The complicated one with the installer and renaming)

None of these are present in my game when I start.

><

I want to get my characters to be as beautiful as I remembered them. Thanks for any help

Did you install the files as ONODs? if not they don't show up in OBMM. The texture replacements don't use an ESP - they just replace the textutres. You WILL need to set up Archive Invalidation using OBMM too

First guess - your old computer was WinXP and the new one is Win7.

Installing Oblivion in the default location on WinXP works fine. However, that location is protected by the UAC on Win7. The UAC works to prevent changes to programs in the 'program files' folders, and it sees mods as changes.

Best solution: Uninstall the game and reinstall outside of the protected 'Program Files' folders. Preferred location is C:\Games\Oblivion. Then the UAC will not block mods and will still protect those programs that need that kind of protection (operating system files mostly)

I do not recommend disabling the UAC as that leaves a back door open for viruses that get that far.

If you need help uninstalling Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.