Freeside Radio

GTech

I an planning on making a radio based off of Freeside and the Kings. The Mojave has one. Black Mountain has one. New Vegas has one. Why not Freeside? One thing I associated New Vegas with was Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and so on, and with the Mojave I usually imagine 1950s western country music. One thing the game was missing though since it is a world stuck in the 1950s is... Rock n' Roll. The Kings them selves are based off of Elvis Presley and that is the kind of atmosphere that was given to Freeside. I was thinking of a radio station that plays Rock n' Roll, Blues, and Pop hits from the 1940s up to the 60s to fit Freeside.

Right now, I am just surfing for idea's on what songs I should have. Right now this is my current selection based off of request's from both my friends and some others.

Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock

The Isley Brothers - Shout

Bill Haley & The Comets - Rock Around the Clock

Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

The Coasters - Poison Ivy

The Chords - Sh-Boom

Danny & the Juniors - At the Hop

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire

Elvis Presley - Hound Dog

Little Richard - Long Tall Sally

Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walking

Shirley & Lee - Let the Good Times Roll

The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird

The Monotones - The Book of Love

James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)

Screamin' Jalacy Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You

Buddy Holly - Everyday

Billy Merman - 900 Miles

Little Richard - Lucille

Cab Calloway - Minnie the Moocher

Cab Calloway - Reefer Man (Now maybe they could have re-recorded that song and called it Jet Man)

Ray Charles - I Got a Woman

The Penguins - Earth Angel

Chuck Berry - School Day

Any other suggestions would be great. This is currently a WIP and is for my own personal use but I may release it soon in the future when it is worthy of downloads.

That is because, right now it is just music. Any voice actors to be the disc jockey would be great.

I am also not very good at the GECK and every time I tried to make a full radio station with disc-jockey's and advertisement and all, it usually gets bugged up and puts one of my recordings on a loop. Any tips would be great. I am learning more and more all the time.

Well, if you haven't finished the Kings quests this will be helpfull. (small SPOILER ALERT) in the Kings quests the king will tell yoiu that when they old tribe that eventualy became known as the kings found the building that they call home they found holotapes and pictures of Elvis Presley so they were able to learn his fashion style and voice. So I suggest adding all Elvis Presley songs to the sound track with a Elvis impersinator DJ. Also change the songs abit to tryu and break copyright laws. Edited by rowtjack07

Richie valans "La Bamba" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK2HANwsUWg

Also wouldnt release it since most those songs would come under copyright laws so the mod would proberly be nuked very quick.

Ah, copyright. The big brick wall in the project. Well, I may be able to make some modifications and keep the actual mod to myself or find another source to upload it since I can't get copyright get in a way of a project like this.

Send an email to the people that own the songs you want. And get a permission from them. Its not like your making any money off of it. And if their that hard up about, they'll say no, but some might say yes. I've dealt with this kinda thing b4, and you would be surprised how many actual say yes for what your doing its ok. Its free publicity for them. You will get rejection, but hey its only an email. But for the ones you are able to get to agree, give some primps to em. Who knows. Scratch some back sometimes works.

That may be good advice for new, modern bands. But I rather doubt that Frank Sinatra, Buddy Holly or Elvis Presley will respond to these emails. (There is some debate about Elvis, but for the others, it is unlikely.)

Of course they won't respond to the emails from the grave, their copyright holders will (Such as WMG or Sony).

If I can't get a good yes then I will make some modifications to the mod. Its hard to find good classics without being hit with copyright nowaday's.