Problems Installing DAO Tools

I downloaded "Dragon Age Toolset 1.01 setup" and tried installing it several times and when it gets to the Microsoft SQL server 2005 setup it fails and cancils....

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1644/daotoolserror.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/614/daotoolsfail.jpg

I tried to follow the troubleshooting info but the files and paths to get to said files did not exist. I even un-installed all SQL software on my computer and tried again. I also tried searching forums for posts regarding this issue and cant find any.

I have a full registered version of Dragon Age Origins.

I would like to create my own weapons and armor to use in the game ... I am an experianced 3Ds Max user and I have made stuff for other games before. I already have an import / export for DAO for 3Ds Max.

my questions now would be ...

is the "Dragon Age Toolset 1.01 setup" missing any key files?

is there a specific operating system requirement? (i still use windows XP) simply because it works fine for me and I never trusted vista and windows 7 is still somewhat new and i dont see the need to dish out money for it.

any information on how to fix this would be nice... thx

I had this problem on Windows 7 as well. It turns out that I have my hard drive set up to compress all its contents and the installer will not install the items to a compressed folder. I had to change the properties of the folders in question to be not compressed before this would install and work properly.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Heyas Armaggeddon, sorry to hear that you're having these kinds of problems. They're something that a LOT of people have, and getting the toolset to install is really a crapshoot. Either it does, or it doesn't. :(

Since you mentioned that the files and folders aren't there this may be an issue with win7 itself.

There's a known issue with the OS that it doesn't always give programs full permissions on accounts that are the default/prime accounts. Which, by rights, are SUPPOSED to have FULL administrator access/permissions.

What is recommended in this case, is to go in, and CREATE a new, Adminstrator account, with full permissions/access. And then try installing the problem program on THAT account. You can find the directions on how to create the new account via google, yahoo, or w/e. create administrator account windows 7 would probably turn up results.

Essentially what I think the problem is, is that you're being caught by that bug. And your OS isn't giving sql permission to write/create those folders, and the files inside them.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

Good luck! :)

-DW